Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to installing my Rigid LED’s on the ROPS. What a difference they make at night. I opted for the diffused lens to maximize useable light around me as the main use will be my rear snow blower.
I was skeptical buying the RIGID lights for the cost alone but I trusted the input I got and boy am I happy I did. The quality is outstanding from the housing to the wiring and hardware. The light output is fantastic, not just lumens but the pattern and most importantly, the color Is close to daylight. Gotta Get my beacon on next but I think After that I might get another set of the Rigids for the front. I can mount them right to the same mount as the rears. The ROPS mount I used is two sided. Anyway, just wanted to share and say how happy I am with Rigid (American company in AZ). I’ll get some pics at night later this evening if I can

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, dropped a nut into the column while adjusting the tension on my throttle. (My 3yo found this hilarious) so while I was in deep I installed the switch and wiring for my beacon. Definitely the best way to run wires to the rear of the tractor imo is along the factory harness under the floor “pad”. Gonna weld up a mount and Get that going soon. I’m going to grab power from the rear lights and use the switch as a break so I can use the lights with or without the beacon. Obviously it can be set up alone but for my purposes this will work well. I used a factory style Carlin switch in the knockout that’s in the dash

Attachments

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
This is my next lighting project on the 1026r. What bracket is that?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just took some pics. It’s pitch black and misting out so I took 3 pics for perspective of my shed. The first pic is no lighting. The second pic is an 1100 lumen flashlight and the 3rd is my pair of Rigids on the 1025. Keep in mind I ordered the diffused lenses so all the light stays close to the machine. Like “extra” flood pattern, that’s why it doesn’t light up the shed 30-35 feet away

Attachments

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Nice. This is exactly what the diffuser lenses are for. The only thing I may do differently is mount them up higher. With them up higher, they will be less in the way when you fold down the ROPS. And they will also be less in-your-face when looking back. Higher also tends to mitigate shadows a little better.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Nice. This is exactly what the diffuser lenses are for. The only thing I may do differently is mount them up higher. With them up higher, they will be less in the way when you fold down the ROPS. And they will also be less in-your-face when looking back. Higher also tends to mitigate shadows a little better.
Yeah, you have to set them up for your use. Obviously I could move them but I set them there with my blower on and me in the seat. I’m putting my beacon and maybe some front floods just under the horizontal of the ROPS. The only reason I have to fold my ROPS is if my magnetic beacon was on going in or out of the garage. With everything under the bar it can stay up full time. I’ll probably rethink my wiring harness when I make the other additions to hide them and distribute load evenly

P.S. the brackets don’t sit as well on
ROPS curves

P. P. S. Got the brackets on amazon

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Just took some pics. It’s pitch black and misting out so I took 3 pics for perspective of my shed. The first pic is no lighting. The second pic is an 1100 lumen flashlight and the 3rd is my pair of Rigids on the 1025. Keep in mind I ordered the diffused lenses so all the light stays close to the machine. Like “extra” flood pattern, that’s why it doesn’t light up the shed 30-35 feet away
As a self admitted flashoholic, Id be interested to know what 1100 lumen flashlight that is.
My 1000 lumen Surefire M3 will light up the school across the street better than that, and its nearly 250 yards from my house. Just curious what the difference would be.
I only mention it as an interesting reference that lumens from one place arent necessarily the same from another. ANSI ratings, or whatever they tend to use, need to be compared apples for apples. Lots of people see "lumens" and assume that because one thing they saw at one rating was poor, they need much more, or the opposite. Went through the same thing with my Mom when replacing interior lights in her home with LEDs. She was awful confused about why one light said one thing, but another lower rated light actually put out more light.
Im just glad VCRs went away...I hated having to talk her through the clock reset every time the power flickered...:laugh:

The lights on your tractor are very nice!
Ive wanted to add a couple myself, but I have issues with the daylight type light from most LEDs these days. They are a long way ahead of the old blue tint LEDs we used to have, but I much prefer a warm tint to any work type lights, or just about any for that matter. 6500K is harsh to me. It is supposed to replicate daylight noon sun, but its far from it to my eyes and has a faint blue hue to it. 5000K is much closer to that, and what I prefer, but its hard to find. l believe Deeres LED kits are in the 5000K range. They are made by Hella, and darn expensive, though I may still go that route.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As a self admitted flashoholic, Id be interested to know what 1100 lumen flashlight that is.
My 1000 lumen Surefire M3 will light up the school across the street better than that, and its nearly 250 yards from my house. Just curious what the difference would be.
I only mention it as an interesting reference that lumens from one place arent necessarily the same from another. ANSI ratings, or whatever they tend to use, need to be compared apples for apples. Lots of people see "lumens" and assume that because one thing they saw at one rating was poor, they need much more, or the opposite. Went through the same thing with my Mom when replacing interior lights in her home with LEDs. She was awful confused about why one light said one thing, but another lower rated light actually put out more light.
Im just glad VCRs went away...I hated having to talk her through the clock reset every time the power flickered...

The lights on your tractor are very nice!
Ive wanted to add a couple myself, but I have issues with the daylight type light from most LEDs these days. They are a long way ahead of the old blue tint LEDs we used to have, but I much prefer a warm tint to any work type lights, or just about any for that matter. 6500K is harsh to me. It is supposed to replicate daylight noon sun, but its far from it to my eyes and has a faint blue hue to it. 5000K is much closer to that, and what I prefer, but its hard to find. l believe Deeres LED kits are in the 5000K range. They are made by Hella, and darn expensive, though I may still go that route.[/QUOTE]

The dull pic is a function of my camera, not the light. That’s why I added the flashlight pic as a control to show how absurd the new Rigids are.
I daily carry a MF tactical pro tango U2 for a few reasons. First, It’s a small American company of flashlight freaks, second, I have multiple reflector choices (the “orange peel” works well for me as I don’t use it as a spot light often). Third, it uses an 18650 and most important, the function switch is separate from the on/off switch.
I work outside at night for a living so I live by my lights. My pocket backup is a surefire titan. I also own 2 streamlight stingers and a strion, 2 different surefire Furys and an array of others. I’m very happy with the MF pro and believe me, it goes toe to toe with my surefires. I have no patience with inferior lights. My ineptitude with my phone’s camera is why the pics are darker than they are in reality. I can clearly see my shed in the dark but the first pic looks like a pocket pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
The dull pic is a function of my camera, not the light. That’s why I added the flashlight pic as a control to show how absurd the new Rigids are.
I daily carry a MF tactical pro tango U2 for a few reasons. First, It’s a small American company of flashlight freaks, second, I have multiple reflector choices (the “orange peel” works well for me as I don’t use it as a spot light often). Third, it uses an 18650 and most important, the function switch is separate from the on/off switch.
I work outside at night for a living so I live by my lights. My pocket backup is a surefire titan. I also own 2 streamlight stingers and a strion, 2 different surefire Furys and an array of others. I’m very happy with the MF pro and believe me, it goes toe to toe with my surefires. I have no patience with inferior lights. My ineptitude with my phone’s camera is why the pics are darker than they are in reality. I can clearly see my shed in the dark but the first pic looks like a pocket pic
Ill have to look into those lights!
Ive toyed around with beamshots on several of my lights, but never could get it hammered out. Phones dont work worth a darn, because you cant get into all the necessary settings. The camera I tried would have worked, if I knew how to set it all up properly, but I couldnt quite get it.
Ive got SEVERAL Surefires.
3 variations of the G2 Nitrolen, C2 Centurion, LX2 Lumamax, E2D Defender Ultra, E1B Backup, EB1 Backup, EB2 Backup, Original M3 Combatlight, M3LT-S Combat light, M3LT Combat Light, G2X, R1 Lawman, P1R Peacekeeper, a couple helmet lights, several weapon lights, and a few other odds and ends here and there, along with a handful of 4Sevens lights.

I too cant stand inferior stuff. I do have my share of cheapies though for the kids to play with.

Ok, back to the thread...

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Ive toyed around with beamshots on several of my lights, but never could get it hammered out. Phones dont work worth a darn, because you cant get into all the necessary settings. The camera I tried would have worked, if I knew how to set it all up properly, but I couldnt quite get it.
3 variations of the G2 Nitrolen, C2 Centurion, LX2 Lumamax, E2D Defender Ultra, E1B Backup, EB1 Backup, EB2 Backup, Original M3 Combatlight, M3LT-S Combat light, M3LT Combat Light, G2X, R1 Lawman, P1R Peacekeeper, a couple helmet lights, several weapon lights, and a few other odds and ends here and there, along with a handful of 4Sevens lights.

I too cant stand inferior stuff. I do have my share of cheapies though for the kids to play with.

Ok, back to the thread...
Dang. And I thought I was a flashlight nut.:laugh:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Ok, back to the thread...[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. You sir, have a problem.

Definitely Check out MF tactical at monsterflashlight.com

I’ve had this one a year and at 100$ ish for the bare light it’s hard to argue with. IMO it’s comparable to lites 3x it’s price.

I stumbled on it when I got tired of clicking through modes to what I wanted. Memory only half fixes the issue. Having the selector ring and tailcap switch with momentary on is nice. Also, when you disassemble it you’d be impressed with the simple “small batch” design and machinework.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts