10,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,750 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
Yep. That's new Red line that they came out with after they split up with Cub Cadet.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Here's a promo "news cast" that's pretty good.

·
Administrator
17,327 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I didn't see any mention or demonstration of removing / re-attaching the loader.
How does that compare?

The Deere design seems best in class on this feature.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I didn't see any mention or demonstration of removing / re-attaching the loader.
How does that compare?

The Deere design seems best in class on this feature.
I was thinking the same thing. Looking at it, it looks like a pin on type, maybe similar to the D120 loader on the 10xx series?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
A buddy of mine told me a few days ago that he bought a new 24hp Yanmar TLB with a front snow blower and heated cab. Haven't seen it yet.

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
Hmmm.. Reading up a little more on these. Apparently the big difference between the 324 and 424 is the rear tire size.

The 324 runs Front: 23x8.50-12 4PR, Rear: 12-16.5 10PR for R4s.
The 424 runs Front: 23x8.50-12 4PR, Rear: 14-17.5 6PR R4s.

Other than that, the specs appear to be identical. I'm not convinced that a tire size difference deserves a completely different model number designation.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
I guess the 324 is only 3 wheel drive if the "4" in 424 means 4 wheel drive:laugh:
But to keep it interesting, they "kept the operator in Mind, Boom", and they let you choose which of the 3 wheels you would like to be driving the tractor.......

For those who missed it, the guy in the video emphasized again and again how Yanmar "kept the operator in mind" and he also says "Boom" when demonstrating things, like the battery location, which ironically, was designed while Yanmar "kept the operator in mind"...
:laugh:

I couldn't resist. It is a very nice looking tractor. I do find the hydraulic lines and connections and the caps awful near the step immediately below them which looks like one could catch their foot on the lines or caps, but otherwise, it looks like a nice unit. maybe they intend for the operator, which they kept in mind, to only board from the port side of the vessel.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
First thing that stood out for me are the same dangling plastic hydraulic covers at the loader connections.

Every time I see them in a pic it drives me nuts for some reason.....
I couldn't agree more. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
No diff lock?

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
No diff lock?

Good point.....I have seen some, and Kubota does it I believe, where the operator's left heel pushes down on a lever which is extended from the panel at the rear of the footrest and beneath the seat, but I didn't notice that on the video for this unit.

Does anyone have any pricing information on these?

It also seems like much ado about little to have two different model numbers where the primary difference (only difference, perhaps)appears to be the size of the rear tires.

I know Deere very AGGRESSIVELY defends their patent on the side by side pedal drive system, which is why so many of the other manufacturers end up with the treadle pedal or other arrangement for tractor direction selection. Bet Deere worked on their pricing for Yanmar engines or something similar in exchange for the use of the dual pedal drive arrangement, which makes the tractor much easier to drive.

Wonder if the Transaxle is made by Tuff Torque out of Tennessee?

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
No diff lock. If you want that you have to jump up to their EX3200/SX3100 compacts.
That would be a deal breaker for me. Gotta have that or independent brakes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts