Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RK has added a new model tractor. The RK25H. If anyone hasn't seen or heard of it yet, these machines are impressive on paper. I've yet to see this model in person.
These come with standard with USB ports, bluetooth speakers, and wireless phone chargers.
Here are some specs. The most unexpected to me was the direct injection engine. Hope deere is planning to overhaul the 2025R to compete....

If they've fixed the ergonomics on these, then they may really take off. I thought the RK24 was very uncomfortable, It was borderline worse than the Kubota BX. Looks like they have finally moved loader controls to the fender.

I actually bought my 1025 based on comfort but I still get "Spec Envy" looking at these.

This appears to be a YT video of the same machine just with original TYM logos.

Reactions: 2mtrucks

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Says that Goodyear R14 are the standard tires, the prices is certainly attractive

·
Administrator
20,876 Posts
Edited:

The RK tractors are made by TYM in Korea, not that this is a bad thing, just stated as fact.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Pretty interesting - certainly a great price for what you get (at least on paper).
What's up with the PTO speed across the 3 machines - 2000/2500/2100? I thought there was a set 'standard'.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The RK tractors are made by LS in Korea, not that this is a bad thing, just stated as fact. LS makes tractors for many other companies, even New Holland.
Is LS and TYM the same?

·
Administrator
20,876 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yes, they are impressive. If I had a Rural King even remotely close to me, I would have sprung for the RK25.

·
Premium Member
12,711 Posts
The RK25 is going to make it very hard for them to sell their RK24H machines with only a $1,000 price difference. If someone is in the market for a machine this size, why would you buy the RK24H when comparing the two?

·
Premium Member
6,104 Posts
Where’s Tim at? We need you to try one out for us

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Kbar c'mon. You said you were ready to retire that worn out and tired 1025R......... :whistle:

Reactions: Mackford13 and Kbar

·
Premium Member
6,104 Posts
Yea but I wanna see Tim Guiney pig it first. I promise to hit the like button

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Looks like they stole there logo from Transformers. 😆

Attachments

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’d be the guinea pig if i had the money. Anybody want to donate to gofundme. 🤣.
just need tractor, gopro, and one of everything that tractor tim keeps in those tents. 😬

·
Registered
14,220 Posts
There are no Rural King stores in this area. Does each RK store have a service and parts department?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
There are no Rural King stores in this area. Does each RK store have a service and parts department?
I have several RKs kind of close to me and only 2 sell tractors. I don’t think their “service and parts department” is what you’re thinking.
Honestly though, you can probably order parts through any TYM dealer or online. They’re pricing is really good along with the tractor specs.

·
Registered
2020 4066R & 2021 Z530R
72 Posts
TYM and Yanmar are not Chinese companies.
I googled it, and your right... Korean. I owned a Kioti that had Korean roots but was made in NC. I was impressed with the Kioti.

I’ll say this, I looked over a TYM at a dealer not too far away.... it might as well be made in China, my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I googled it, and your right... Korean. I owned a Kioti that had Korean roots but was made in NC. I was impressed with the Kioti.

I’ll say this, I looked over a TYM at a dealer not too far away.... it might as well be made in China, my thoughts.
Kioti USA is headquartered in NC but their website says they distribute, not manufacture, tractors to US dealers. Nothing wrong with a S Korean built machine, they’re building nice cars these days too.
And of course Yanmar (Japan) has been making engines for Deere for decades.
The TYM tractors are great on specs, but might be a little lacking on the fit and finish details seen on most Deere models. They still seem to be a solid value and have been around for quite awhile.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts