Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am looking to get the the correct toplink for the 4520 since the one from my old 3720 is too long. I am looking at this one (Surplus Center Toplink)

I was thinking that while I was doing this I would add something to slow down the extension or contraction to make this a bit easier to adjust. The check valves on this toplink make it hard to adjust small amounts.

What would I need to buy to make this work with my current setup? I plan on using my old hoses and only replacing the toplink.

I think I am going to sell the other since its to small for the 5203.

·
Administrator
21,063 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Brian,

In line needle valve definitely the right choice. They're pretty inexpensive.

I did some cutting and pasting from when I got my TL from Carter & Carter in TN. Here are my thoughts.....

Hi,

This below might help you. I ordered a premade Carter & Carter, with hoses, for ~ 200$. Wasn't worth the hassle to me to buy wrong linkages, return them, try another one, etc.

Not 100% sure that the 4x10's have the same 3pt as the 4x20's, but I'd guess they're close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrreed View Post
Most of you likely have done this already, but FYI I went out and measured my 4720's top link fully retracted and extended. It was 19.5" retracted and 30" extended. When it was fully retracted my quick hitch was maybe at a 15 degree angle "toe backwards". When it was fully extended it was 30 - 40 degrees "toe forward". I dunno what function would ever need that much toe forward, so I'm going with the 18 - 26.5" CCM top link, thus giving me more useful toe backward (ie. to make dirt/snow/etc roll when blading), and less meaningless toe forward.
I hope that helps.

-J.

Put my new back blade on tonight with my new 18-26.5" CCM toplink. It's really slick with the ability to tilt.

I'm REALLY glad I didn't go with a longer TL, it would've been useless on my machine. Now, I know that it's tractor/implement dependent, but even with the TL fully retracted the blade is still more or less vertical. I was hoping to have the blade lean forward somewhat to 'roll' dirt, gravel, snow, etc. I think next time I'd even go shorter, with the 16" to 22.5".

I'll post what my landscape rake does when I try it out (probably next spring, it's at my in laws right now).

-Jer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.