Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last season I added an electric motor for chute rotation on my sb1154, best upgrade I could have done for the blower, and a must over the manual hand crank.
http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/17140-snowblower-electric-chute-rotation.html

So this year I decided to put on an actuator for the throwing angle.
Picked up an 8" from princess auto(6 would have worked fine, need to be carefull to not over extend it now), sized it up, drilled a couple of holes, made some spacers and bolted it on.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I already had a 3 wire running back for the motor instal, tapped into that, made a new wider switch mount, bought new switch and hooked it all up.

I've read lots of threads about switch location, I think where I chose makes the most sense because I am generally holding on to the rops bar right there when backing up, so it's really convenient for the switchs.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I wish it were a little quicker... But I don't need to change it nearly as much as the rotation, so it will have to do, beats getting off the tractor.
I'm not generally hoping for snow... But It would be nice to use this 25k snowblower before the wife has second thoughts about its usefulness.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:good2::thumbup1gif::good2::thumbup1gif:

Great job!

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
Very nice.

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts