Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woodcutting to me is firewood, if this is the wrong forum please move. Axis was delivered to where my brother works, he loaded it on the trailer for me. Then stopped at dealer to pick the tractor up. Went to unload it and 4066R couldn't quite pick it up. So just turned it on the trailer and drove it off. Put about 2 hours on it yesterday and it exceed every expectation.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle
Plant Vehicle Wood Natural landscape Tree

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Wow, that is a HD splitter!

How many cords do you go through in a year?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Split lots of wood as a young teen... “Son work” 😊 By hand with a Go Devil… Like I said… “Son work” 😂

Please explain why the splitter “wood tray” is so high off the ground… Lifting those full lugs up on the tray would get old after a while… a nice work out… but as I age I like the motto “work smart, not hard”. BTW… I have 3 sons, aged 20, 21, and 23. Hard working fine young men too… Do lots of “son work” & “grandson work”. Very Blessed!!

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I had to look up a video of one of these in action. That is the real deal splitter right there, very fast hydraulics. I saw one video with a conveyor option opposite the lift table. Very nice unit there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ah… now I see it. And it looks like no bending over to pick up the split wood to stack it. Wish I had something like that when I was a kid. But then again, I’d of never gotten the strength building, great work out my Dad always reminded me I was getting. 😂 Today, kids pay “trainers” big bucks to teach them how to wack a tractor tire with a BFH. 🤭

·
Registered
2020 1025R
1,012 Posts
Split lots of wood as a young teen... “Son work” 😊 By hand with a Go Devil… Like I said… “Son work” 😂

Please explain why the splitter “wood tray” is so high off the ground… Lifting those full lugs up on the tray would get old after a while… a nice work out… but as I age I like the motto “work smart, not hard”. BTW… I have 3 sons, aged 20, 21, and 23. Hard working fine young men too… Do lots of “son work” & “grandson work”. Very Blessed!!
Pretty much how I grew up as well. Went through a number of sledge hammer handles and wore out a number of wedges. My dad kept me pretty busy. :)

Best,

·
Registered
878 Posts
Eastonmade makes excellent equipment and Andrew stands behind their products.

I had a splitter custom made. If it wasn't this one, I would have gone with an Eastonmade.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Riding mower Tractor
Wood Automotive design Bumper Rectangle Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Wheel Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Tread
Tree Wood Plant Logging Tire

Reactions: Guja0501 and TSK575

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
Very Nice. I have a Brave 25ton splitter and it works great. But we switched to a natural gas fireplace because of our age so this fall I'll put it up for sale. I noticed it split more wood when my sons ran it instead of me.

·
Registered
878 Posts
@TSK575 , really like the concept of the Axi.

One question, with the cylinder vertical, does it fit through a normal garage door opening?

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@TSK575 , really like the concept of the Axi.

One question, with the cylinder vertical, does it fit through a normal garage door opening?
It's 4'x6'x8'5" about 1400lbs I think the conveyor adds another 2 feet in height. For me I didn't see a need for the conveyor but it could be easily added later if needed. Your splitter is impressive, looks absolutely bullet proof.

·
Registered
878 Posts
It's 4'x6'x8'5" about 1400lbs I think the conveyor adds another 2 feet in height. For me I didn't see a need for the conveyor but it could be easily added later if needed. Your splitter is impressive, looks absolutely bullet proof.
The splitter has way more going on than meets the eye in a casual look. The hydraulic system itself is extremely sophisticated with the dump valve and stroke limiter to split what ever size you desire up to 30". The only issue so far is it runs too cool in the Winter. I actually insulate the tank to keep temps up. When starting from 45 degree garage temp it will only get up 75-80 degree oil temp after 3 hours of running and that is with insulation. The hottest it ever got was 130 after a couple hours in heat that was in the mid 90s. That day the dark blue siding of my house was 160 and the pavement was 135. (measured because I was barefoot at the time)

I have been thinking about adding an electric heater to the tank, it has a port already installed for it.

Reactions: TSK575
1 - 16 of 16 Posts