Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am excited- got my first truly new john Deere gleaming green thing(a ballast box). Found that my grapple can pick up a bit more than my loaded rears and 550lb box blade can manage comfortably so I broke down and ordered a ballast box with extension. Time to buy some cement!

My wife had also got me a tooth bar for the holidays which I ordered and received last week from Gator (felt bad for the ups guy- probably one of the stranger packages he delivered in a while and fairly heavy also) Need to drill some holes next.

Not exactly a new tractor or anything but a good week none the less!

Dana

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,040 Posts
When I filled my BB, I just put it on my trailer and drove to the local U-Cart concrete place and they filled it right there on the trailer-couldn't have been easier.

Be sure to seal all the seams first though or they will leak water and make a mess when the concrete is wet...not that I would know first hand though:hide:

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
I got my toothbar from Markham (now Gator) and I too was surprised it came via UPS.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Dana,

You have the right tools to make that tractor a digging machine. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
I got my toothbar from Markham (now Gator) and I too was surprised it came via UPS.
Well, the one thing that surprised me that I ordered and was delivered by UPS was a piece of steel tube 6 x 6 x 5/16 wall x 6ft long. Sometimes those guys do earn their pay.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Holy Crap Randy! According to my steel book, that piece of steel weighs in at 140-pounds.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Holy Crap Randy! According to my steel book, that piece of steel weighs in at 140-pounds.
Don't recall the shipping costs but you are correct, HEAVY!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts