Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some experimenting with later 316 fenders on my new 317. The fenders on the 317 look awful so I want to swap them.
The rear holes for the fenders do line up, but the front holes don't. There are a couple things you need to do to fit the fenders in.
The steps may be applicable to the 120, 140, 300, 312, 314, 316k, or 400.

Cut the footrests: Not by much, but just trim them a little bit to give full travel to the neutral pedal and brake pedals.
Add something in the gap: Either weld on a plate or add a small toolbox or something in the gap between the cutout in the fenders and dash tower. (you can see the gap in the pictures)
Move the front mounts back: Add a threaded tube, a rubber isolator, or something to lift the front of the fenders a bit and attach them to the frame.
Move the fuel tank neck: Switch the tank neck to the other side or make a new tank. This step won't apply to the 140 or 120 as they have the tank in the front.
Get a longer bolt for the hydro release, or alternatively just bend in the fenders a bit to add the hydro release.

Use this if you want the indented taillights and square edges or just have junk fenders (me, personally, I'm doing it for both reasons).

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts