Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this video last night. I'm not sure why Superior Tech hasn't posted it to their section on GTT. Seems a wee bit pricey but I love the simplicity of it. It will sure allow the blower to take up less room than when stored on a pallet or wooden platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpfnibkCZ9k

·
Registered
262 Posts
Not too sure about their choice of wheels. No way it would have been able to go over those cuts in the concrete with those wheels.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Dolly

Nice lead JGay. I enjoyed and liked the video. I have used a dolly since owning the rig. I’m going to check thier website.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Couldn’t find the snow blower dolly/wheel kit on website

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I couldn't hear the video and don't see the wheel kit on their website. How much does it sell for?

Also, does it fit all 47" and 54" Deere blowers?

Probably any which have the similar design to permit the wheel to be mounted on the bottom of the blower.

Wheels seem a tad small and will certainly need a quite smooth surface.......

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn't hear the video and don't see the wheel kit on their website. How much does it sell for?

Also, does it fit all 47" and 54" Deere blowers?

Probably any which have the similar design to permit the wheel to be mounted on the bottom of the blower.

Wheels seem a tad small and will certainly need a quite smooth surface.......
Oddly they only mention 100, 300, 500 and 700-series snow blowers on the video (?) but I asked them and they confirmed it works with the 47/54-inch used on the 1-series and Gen-1 2-series. Which, I already sort of knew the answer since the blowers are identical in regards to the housing.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Just tried to order from green farm parts, it wouldn’t take gtt coupon code.

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just tried to order from green farm parts, it wouldn’t take gtt coupon code.
Is it even available from GFP? The link directs you to GreenPartsStore. I used Tim’s TTWT code and got free shipping which exceeded the savings I would have gotten from GFP.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
It's not on their website yet. Follow the link in the video description and it will take you to GPS.

https://www.greenpartstore.com/John-Deere-Snow-Blower-Storage-Dollies-LP70692.html
I don't mind paying for quality, but $100 for that seems :gizmo:

Dual Flat stock, 4 dolly wheels, one pair of welded angled uprights and one pair of adjustable uprights with a wingnut adjustment.

My triangular platform with dolly wheels work OK, once you deal with the blower being very arse heavy and nose light, which works the best with the wide part of the triangle under the rear of the blower, which I think I have about $18 in building......

Superior Tech makes good products, no question. I have their Terra Grips, Sprayer and other stuff......

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't mind paying for quality, but $100 for that seems :gizmo:

Dual Flat stock, 4 dolly wheels, one pair of welded angled uprights and one pair of adjustable uprights with a wingnut adjustment.

My triangular platform with dolly wheels work OK, once you deal with the blower being very arse heavy and nose light, which works the best with the wide part of the triangle under the rear of the blower, which I think I have about $18 in building......

Superior Tech makes good products, no question. I have their Terra Grips, Sprayer and other stuff......
Yes, it is a wee bit pricey. Artillian charges $220 for their fork dollies which are just two pieces of bent metal, 4 dolly wheels and a pair of wing nut knob adjusters.

·
Vendor
13 Posts
Hi everyone, thank you for the feedback and interest –

We would like to clear a few things up with these dollies. First, they are not on the website yet, they will be put up shortly. You can get them at GreenPartStore or go to your John Deere dealer to purchase.

In regards to the wheel size, the size is limited because we wanted a universal solution that worked with all tractors including smaller ones that have limited lift height. Also, the wheels attach tightly to the snow blower, so pushing it over cuts in the concrete, such as the ones you can see in the video, is relatively easy. Most garages won't have cuts in the concrete this severe though.

These dollies work on all Deere 47 and 54 in. snowblowers. The video just gave a few of the machines that they worked on.

In addition, on our forum we have a link to our YouTube channel. Would it be preferred if we made separate posts for each video?

Here is a link to the video:
Snow Blower Storage Dollies - YouTube

And a link to GreenPartStore:
John Deere Snow Blower Storage Dollies - LP70692

·
Registered
969 Posts
I ordered mine yesterday.will post pics when I remove my moving dolly and install the “new set of wheels”. Smaller wheels are not an issue to me. Lower height should make easier hook up and a seam in my floor can be overcome with a little momentum.

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today I installed the Superior Tech snow blower dollies on my 54" front blower. My previous storage method was a big wooden platform that I built. It was way over engineered which resulted in a lot of weight to roll around once you added the snow blower. It was also a pain to move around and store once the blower was mounted on the tractor.

Transitioning the blower from my platform to the dollies was a bit tricky. I lifted the blower off the platform with my loader and then while it was suspended above the floor I rolled the platform out from under it and installed the dollies. The problem was with the blower suspended level above the floor the dollies didn't have enough grip on the back clamp to stay on and would just keep falling off as soon as I let go of them. The rubberized back clamp just didn't have enough "grip" to hold the weight of the dolly hanging in the air. I eventually got them to "stay" long enough to get both dolly sections installed. I'm hoping this won't be an issue when actually installing/removing the blower to the front quick hitch.

I'm actually quite pleased with the way the dollies support the blower. It is much more stable than it was when simply sitting on my wooden platform. No more rocking forward and backward as you push it around. No more having to wedge 2x4's under the back edge for stability. As for the casters, I was able to to easily push it all over the garage floor with one hand. It actually moves easier than the wooden platform despite it having 5 larger casters. Unlike with the wooden platform, with the dollies you can easily spin the blower around 180-degrees without needing much extra space.

Once the blower is resting on the dollies, the back edge is 2-7/8 inches above the floor and the quick hitch support pins are 13-3/4 inches above the floor (see photo).

Below are some photos showing the dollies installed and the platform I have been using the past several years.

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
I recieved mine yesterday and installed them too.very happy with how easy they install and work.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Might pick up a pair, so the best deal is from Green Parts Store and use TTWT? Or is there a better code?

superior tech if your listening a similar wall mounted hangar or something for the 25G sprayer could be good too!

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Might pick up a pair, so the best deal is from Green Parts Store and use TTWT? Or is there a better code?
That's the best deal I found. It amounts to around $22 off. BTW, this winter was my first time using the new dolly and mounting the snow blower was 100X easier compared to using the custom wooden platform I was using previously. Plus, once mounted I didn't have to content with the empty platform sitting around.

superior tech if your listening a similar wall mounted hangar or something for the 25G sprayer could be good too!
I hang my 25 gallon sprayer on the wall using a Craftsman Versatrack strip and hooks. It fits like it was designed for it and is very easy to access. I will try to get you a photo later today. I'm sure similar hooks from other manufacturers would work as well.

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Below is a photo of my 25 gallon sprayer hanging on the Craftsman Versatrack rails. Any similar shaped hooks can be used. It is very easy to hang the empty sprayer on the wall hooks and it keeps it neatly out of the way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts