Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been adding to the toy list for the 110 and a hydro thumb was high on the list.
I looked as several manufactures but really liked the Northaw offering.
Donn the owner was great to deal with and had the thumb made and shipped within the week.

I was concerned about the hydraulic connections on both side of the cylinder and Donn added a hard tube to keep the connections up high.
Installation was a breeze aside from the weight, I had a local welding outfit out to attach the cylinder mount to the hoe.
Overall I'm extremely pleased with the purchase and highly recommend Northsaw to anyone looking for a thumb.

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg t3.jpg t4.jpg

Matt

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
Thanks Matt, very coo!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next on the list is a root grapple and then a rear scv kit from Fit Right so I can run a hydraulic box blade (need to buy that also).
I scored the 3pt hitch and grapple for $200 each. Best $400 I've spent in awhile.:thumbup1gif:

Matt

·
Registered
12 Posts
A few additional pics, of my grapple rake I scored off CL along with a new factory 3pt hitch kit.

View attachment 33072 View attachment 33073 View attachment 33074

The thumb sure makes building rock walls easier. I completed about 15' in about 30 min and that factors in a little learning curve of using the thumb.

View attachment 33076

Matt:thumbup1gif:

Gwhunter, I'm also building a rock wall. I have been looking for a small rear grapple like the one you have. Are you done with yours? If so do you want to sell it?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Doc, the rake is just too useful to sell. It is quite handy though and I'd recommend it.

Matt

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are other manufactures that make hoe attachments for the 110. Wain Roy, work Brau etc. They may be another resource for a rake for you.
I was astonished to find this one and the seller sort of ended up with it from a neighbor divorcing. I'll keep my eyes open for one and let you know.
I'm currently looking for a 30" grading bucket for the 110. I'm thinking about picking up a used bucket with different ears and then just fabbing new ears that'll fit.

Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts