Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I know I will probably gets some comments about this. Why replace new tires on the Gator? We use the gator mostly on country roads, going between the 2 farms, not in the mud very often. The maxxis bighorns were very noisy. These tires probably reduce the road noise between 50 -75%. First trip with the tires, I am very pleased with the results. Selling the bighorns on craigslist for someone who plays in the mud.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
I like them, we have probably one more summer for the tires on our Mule, I'll be looking at something similar to these. We don't trail ride and definitely don't go mudding, it is strictly a utility vehicle used around the horse barn, hay season and gardening.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well I know I will probably gets some comments about this. Why replace new tires on the Gator? We use the gator mostly on country roads, going between the 2 farms, not in the mud very often. The maxxis bighorns were very noisy. These tires probably reduce the road noise between 50 -75%. First trip with the tires, I am very pleased with the results. Selling the bighorns on craigslist for someone who plays in the mud.
What brand and size did you purchase?

·
Premium Member
13,941 Posts
Looked at those last year , ,,so far havn't bought any tires for the Pioneer.

Lets us know how well they hold up, our OE tires on the Pioneer may last last another 500 for a total mileage 17-2000 miles.

·
Registered
11,649 Posts
Just took the better half for a ride she said these tires give a better ride and a lot quieter. What more can I ask for?

Radio?
:lol: oh yeah now u can hear a radio probably for sure.:laugh:

i like ur new tires too, and i ride on paved roads a lot too, but once i get the tires warmed up, my noise level goes down pretty good.

heck if it gets to loud, i just reach over and turn my heater knob on:mocking: if that doesn't do it-i always get turn my tunes on then.

at 625 miles now-my tires are worn down pretty good, i doubt these tires will last thru next winter, at the rate i'm going:laugh: but i'm loving every mile on it.

:hide: can i ask how salty they was? (the tires):gizmo:

·
Premium Member
7,427 Posts
How about a comparison picture for use non Gator owners?
My 23year old Kawasaki Mule has seen almost no street miles, but may need tires soon.
Old Yeller, 1978 Ford F250 (will be 41 years old this month) should have new tires this year, but much bigger ones :gizmo:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I have been considering doing the same thing. I do not drive mine on the streets because the noise from the big horn tires drives me nuts.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I am very pleased with the new tires. I know there are others out there, but I looked at tires which had good reviews for being quiet. I know a lot of the reviews you have to take them with a grain of salt, but took the chance after seeing the reviews.

So far so good, even did good pushing snow last weekend.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well I am very pleased with the new tires. I know there are others out there, but I looked at tires which had good reviews for being quiet. I know a lot of the reviews you have to take them with a grain of salt, but took the chance after seeing the reviews.

So far so good, even did good pushing snow last weekend.
Do you know if these tires are DOT rated and the number of ply’s ?

I apologize if you have mentioned this information previously.

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I just picked up a Gator for myself this week. 2011 825i. It has actual General Grabber A/T truck tires on it. I would imagine they'll last forever.
They should be great for pavement and dirt roads, deep mud and snow, not so much. I did some what will she do testing in the snow up here in the MN woods and found the limits and got stuck. This is 3' of snow melted down to about 16" and very dense with ice under it. I was testing as I said and did this within sight of my recovery vehicle,no long walk out. If the majority of your miles is road or just utility stuff these may be worth a look.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts