Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum. I grew up around John Deere tractors and have a 318 now. It's 24 years old and still running strong, thanks to my dad and my husband keeping it in good shape. I'm looking forward to mowing season.

·
Administrator
21,063 Posts
:welcomedt

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum. I grew up around John Deere tractors and have a 318 now. It's 24 years old and still running strong, thanks to my dad and my husband keeping it in good shape. I'm looking forward to mowing season.
Great to have you join us Misslily. Show us some photos of that 318 at work. :good2: Yep, WE all are looking forward to some grass cutting time.:yahoo:

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
:hi: Welcome. I change out the fuel lines on my 318 this winter, got it in 1990. I put a "new" mower deck on after the original one was due for it's 3rd set of spindles. It was pretty beat up. My dealer had an old deck that had never been sold, got it for $1K. Only down side is I went down to a 48 inch deck, upside is the spindle bearings had grease zerks on them.

Something else to check is your hydro site tube lines. Mine were brittle and broke last year.

Mowing season is upon us! How about a picture of that 318....?

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
14,400 Posts
Welcome to DeereTalk Misslily. It is nice to have your daughter follow you to something good. We are both lifetime JD people. Are there any other father-daughter DeereTalk members?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:hi: Welcome. I change out the fuel lines on my 318 this winter, got it in 1990. I put a "new" mower deck on after the original one was due for it's 3rd set of spindles. It was pretty beat up. My dealer had an old deck that had never been sold, got it for $1K. Only down side is I went down to a 48 inch deck, upside is the spindle bearings had grease zerks on them.

Something else to check is your hydro site tube lines. Mine were brittle and broke last year.

Mowing season is upon us! How about a picture of that 318....?

Pete
Hey, thanks for all the tips! We changed out a few hoses last summer. I got to know the guys at the local dealership really well! One of the hoses was obsolete, so the guys braised it for me. Seems to still have a slight leak, but nothing like before. At one point we had the engine out and sitting on the garage floor! When it comes to these kinds of jobs I am usually delegated to parts picker upper and fetcher of the tools that get thrown into the driveway! I also have a 48 inch mower, but the way I look at it is it may not be big, but it gives me extra seat time! Hopefully all we will need this year is to replace the seat. I'd really like one with arm rests!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome, I'm pretty new here myself. You will find that many members of this site can help with most questions on a minutes notice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.