Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a long and arduous search for a garden tractor for my new house I finally decided to go to my local dealership to see some side-by-side, since video's and photos only give you so much perspective. I wanted the 1025R but my fiancé was not too keen since we only have a little over an acre to mow and have no real need for a loader at this point. Maybe next time. She's a city girl, and everything bigger than a push mower is a "farm tractor" to her. My fiancé suggested I get a D100 series from Lowes...

Anyway, the dealership had a new, left-over 2014 X750 out back, and of course I was sold. After explaining that the 100 series probably would be a bit lacking in the snow-plowing department, and after seeing all of the models side-by-side we pulled the trigger on the X750 (heavily discounted of course) and the 54" deck. It is being delivered in a few weeks once we move in. My only concern up front is the 12-volt outlet is corroded from being outside but everything else looks clean, and I know they will do everything else for setup.

1. I will be needing a blade or snowblower for this winter, and I was considering looking for used attachments. Are attachments only compatible with certain model years and what other year attachments would be compatible with a 2014? Compatible with no mods, I am not a fabricator nor do I know where to find one in the new area we will be in.

2. Who has experience with wheel weights vs. suit case weights vs. loading the tires?

I haven't owned a home with a decent yard in years. I mowed our 2+ acres as a kid on a 1970's Wizard, that my dad still runs to this day. Hoping to get as much out of the X750.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
welcome from Illinois Glad to have you join us. Those x7 series are great units. It amazing how they defy gravity. Kind of hard to mow that way. :lolol::lolol:

Just teasing you. I had this same problem posting pictures. I just had 2 of them do that last week. we truley are glad to have you join us and look forward to your input.

"No Fair the pictures are gone."

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
gtmedic--:congrats: on ur new tractor:greentractorride: and welcome from south western PA. too. where about in Pa. for u. are we close:munch::laugh: and finally :wgtt:

hey-where the heck did that pic go to-it's gone-history--what happened to it???:unknown:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gtmedic--:congrats: on ur new tractor:greentractorride: and welcome from south western PA. too. where about in Pa. for u. are we close:munch::laugh: and finally :wgtt:

hey-where the heck did that pic go to-it's gone-history--what happened to it???:unknown:
I was trying to make it not upside down...it's back...apparently it's an iPhone compatibility issue with some sites/programs

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
I was trying to make it not upside down...it's back...apparently it's an iPhone compatibility issue with some sites/programs
don't worry- it happens-the mods here will flip upside to the right way-ok.. thanks for the pic-oh.

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
if you hold the Iphone with the home button in right hand ist normally fine. I find i take pictures with my Ipad then i am fine. nice to have you here.

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:wgtt:

Congrats :greentractorride:

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
After a long and arduous search for a garden tractor for my new house I finally decided to go to my local dealership to see some side-by-side, since video's and photos only give you so much perspective. I wanted the 1025R but my fiancé was not too keen since we only have a little over an acre to mow and have no real need for a loader at this point. Maybe next time. She's a city girl, and everything bigger than a push mower is a "farm tractor" to her. My fiancé suggested I get a D100 series from Lowes...

Anyway, the dealership had a new, left-over 2014 X750 out back, and of course I was sold. After explaining that the 100 series probably would be a bit lacking in the snow-plowing department, and after seeing all of the models side-by-side we pulled the trigger on the X750 (heavily discounted of course) and the 54" deck. It is being delivered in a few weeks once we move in. My only concern up front is the 12-volt outlet is corroded from being outside but everything else looks clean, and I know they will do everything else for setup.

1. I will be needing a blade or snowblower for this winter, and I was considering looking for used attachments. Are attachments only compatible with certain model years and what other year attachments would be compatible with a 2014? Compatible with no mods, I am not a fabricator nor do I know where to find one in the new area we will be in.

2. Who has experience with wheel weights vs. suit case weights vs. loading the tires?

I haven't owned a home with a decent yard in years. I mowed our 2+ acres as a kid on a 1970's Wizard, that my dad still runs to this day. Hoping to get as much out of the X750.
Welcome and you got a nice tractor there.To answer your questions,47" blower fit many models in the x7xx series.You'll need the shaft kit and a quick hitch if it's not part of the deal.Careful don't mix up the older x585/x595 with the x500 series garden tractor.The blowers (47") on them are belt drive and you need shaft drive.
As far as a blade goes the 54" JD blade doesn't cover the tracks when angled.I would look at this.

60" Snow Plow for John Deere Compact Tractor - Compact Tractor Attachments
You would need the quick hitch and hydro lockout valve.
You should be fine with the weight bracket and suitcase weights for the rear.I would only get wheel weight if necessary.
I'm not a fan of loaded tires due to the fact you always have that weight and can't take it on and off like the suitcase weight.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
:congrats: and welcome from Texas !!!!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Welcome! That thing is going to drive like a Cadillac.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Welcome. You'll love that machine. And your fiancé probably will too.

My wife didn't want me getting a tractor. It now she has saw the light in how much easier it makes things around hear with her outside projects.

You'll be up to that 1025r in no time. :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Welcome to GTT, you have landed in the right place for John Deere, that also includes free membership to the "we will help spend your money club":lol:
Congratulations on your new machine:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
:wgtt: from Hagerstown md :congrats: on your new :greentractorride: enjoy it and be safe

·
Registered
481 Posts
Welcome from the Sierras in CA. like they said you'll be up to a 1 series in no time.

Good Luck

1 - 20 of 39 Posts