Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening. I just joined the Forum today. I currently have a 2013 x739 with a 47" blower, power shovel, 54" drive over deck, leaf bagger/blower and 3 point hitch for a 125 pound electric spreader and 60" 3 point hitch blade. Everything but the 60" blade and 125 pound electric spreader are being traded in for a new 1025R with H120 FEL, 54" drive over deck with quick attached and leaf bagger/blower. I am sad to lose the snow blower but really need the front end loader.

We have 4.5 acres of heavy woods and brush with dozens of dead trees that need to be cut up for firewood and would really like to clear out the woods of the brush. Plus there is a 500 foot gravel driveway that needs to be leveled out and probably bring in another load of gravel.

In looking at the forum today, I can see that getting a Ratchet Rake is one of the first things to get.

I am happy to help the group out in any way I can. This is my 5th John Deere Tractor which have been in order of purchase a 3120, x729, x729, x739 and now the 1025R.

Thanks to the people who had a thread on clearing out brush which is where I found the Ratchet Rake information.

Reactions: Levi and Marlin

·
Registered
573 Posts
Welcome to GTT. I appreciate your willingness to help share knowledge. The only thing I know for certain about tractors is: The green ones look better!

·
Premium Member
18,942 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

:wgtt:

Not sure why you're letting the snowblower go....IMO I would have kept the blower. Unless it is in need of repairs :dunno: I have FEL ,but still have my blower.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Welcome Romans828! That is a pretty impressive sting of Deere purchases! Are you getting the 14 Bushel MCS from Deere when you say leaf blower/bagger?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. :greentractorride:

Reactions: Romans828

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Administrator
21,928 Posts

·
Registered
4,927 Posts

Welcome from New York.

Reactions: Romans828

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome from CA. Sierra Foothills.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome from West Virginia

Not sure why you're letting the snowblower go....IMO I would have kept the blower. Unless it is in need of repairs :dunno: I have FEL ,but still have my blower.
Well, that was a tough decision. I did not need it last year and I have a gravel driveway which is hard on the blower when I get it too low and eat some rocks. Plus got a better trade in of my old tractor from the dealer. I really need the front end loader for the woods. Will try winters without the blower and when the tractor is paid off if I really miss it then will get the bigger model.

Right now the 4.5 acres of woods with dozens of dead trees and brush all over the place needs the attention.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome Romans828! That is a pretty impressive sting of Deere purchases! Are you getting the 14 Bushel MCS from Deere when you say leaf blower/bagger?
Yes it is the 14 bushel MCS. I have a smaller two bag unit on the x739 and it is a life saver in the fall as we live in a ravine and have tons of trees. Now it is easy and not exhausting to mow the leaves and the driveway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes and the suggestions to date. I am new to forums and using them so hopefully will catch on pretty quick.

This forum has been a big help already and I have ordered a Ratchet Rake for the 53" bucket to help with the woods and brush clearing. What an ingenious idea. Am considering the bolt on hooks for the top of the bucket as well.

Thank you all.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
A big welcome to the forum from Wisconsin!!

·
Premium Member
5,595 Posts
. . . . We have 4.5 acres of heavy woods and brush with dozens of dead trees that need to be cut up for firewood and would really like to clear out the woods of the brush. Plus there is a 500 foot gravel driveway that needs to be leveled out and probably bring in another load of gravel.
:wgtt: From The Pacific NW - Oregon!!

With that long of a driveway you may wish to consider a box scraper. I have the same drive as you and it's the greatest for maintenance. :thumbup1gif:
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Soil

Reactions: Levi and johnH123

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome to GTT.

:greentractorride:
Bolt on hooks are a must have. I have only had mine for 2 weeks and have used then at least 10 times.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Yes it is the 14 bushel MCS. I have a smaller two bag unit on the x739 and it is a life saver in the fall as we live in a ravine and have tons of trees. Now it is easy and not exhausting to mow the leaves and the driveway.
If you plan to use other rear implements and the I-match, take a look at my mounting system for the MCS. It makes it VERY easy to deal with mounting, un-mounting, and storing the hopper parts!!

Best of luck and I hope you love your new tractor!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:wgtt: From The Pacific NW - Oregon!!

With that long of a driveway you may wish to consider a box scraper. I have the same drive as you and it's the greatest for maintenance. :thumbup1gif:
View attachment 193906
I have considered that. Have ordered the Ratchet Rake for the bucket and also have a 60" rear blade for the iMatch. There was a Frontier Video that showed how to use the blade to maintain the gravel driveway.

I think the Ratchet Rake will be really helpful to even out the gravel and help me maintain it.

Am going to try this first before getting a box blade. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts