Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am new to this site and new to owning a tractor. I recently bought a 2013 JD 1023e with 71 hrs on it. It came with the 60d AutoConnect deck and a 60" rear blade. For all of that I paid $8,750, which I felt was a steal. Am I right or way off? I just bought a Titan 3pt drawbar off Amazon for $88, so I could pull my trailer around my 10 acres and to pull my log splitter. I know that Titan is a company that many around GTT despise, but I am going to give it a try on this little item. If it works that's great, if not I'll just get the John Deere brand or make my own. I'll let everyone know.

Now, I was wondering if you could all enlighten me on some things about this machine since as I said it is my first tractor so I'm a virgin. What implements do you think are must-have? What modifications are must-do? What are some problems with this particular model? What are some pros? Are there any serious defects with this tractor that I should be aware of? Are there any functional differences between the 1025/1026, or are they just comfort differences?

Thank you all in advance, and I look forward to being a contributing member of the site!

Brett

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I agree, a loader is the most used attachment of them all in my opinion.

Congrats on your purchase and,

:wgtt:

Reactions: danmorea and Levi

·
Registered
3,687 Posts

For starters,,,
N E V E R look at prices of your tractor on the internet,,
N E V E R second guess your purchase,,
You did great and will enjoy your machine. :good2:

Next,,,
NEVER buy an attachment that is available down the street at TSC,,, until you need it.
I have a 3 point spreader setting in the field, it has been there for 20 years,, and was never needed.

I enjoy my machines,, and get what I need when the need arises,,, now,,, :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the loader will be my very first purchase. I just couldn't afford it yet. My 2017 (next years) tax refund is earmarked for it already. My buddy has a Kubota BX-whatever, and he says he uses the loader for so many things. Thank you all so far for the good intel. Look forward to hearing more! One more thing...where do you get those cool GTT emoticons?

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
:congrats: and :wgtt: from Texas . Keep reading this forum and you'll be a tractor expert in no time !!!! Have fun and be safe !!!

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Welcome to our Green World...

GTT members well be more then happy to help you spend your money on exciting new toys.:gizmo: I agree with a front end loader (plus Artillian forks) Once you start using your tractor and reviewing this site your eyes will open (as well as your wallet) to the accessories to make projects easier.

Please post pictures of your tractor or its not real

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,867 Posts
NEVER buy an attachment that is available down the street at TSC,,, until you need it.
I have a 3 point spreader setting in the field, it has been there for 20 years,, and was never needed.
So true. Good advice.:thumbup1gif:

Welcome to GTT Prairie 5-0.
As for "What Now"? You've already done it by joining GTT. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
New (to me) 1023e...What Now?!

That's easy sell it and get a bigger tractor. :lol::lol::lol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Well, I am new to this site and new to owning a tractor. I recently bought a 2013 JD 1023e with 71 hrs on it. It came with the 60d AutoConnect deck and a 60" rear blade. For all of that I paid $8,750, which I felt was a steal. Am I right or way off? I just bought a Titan 3pt drawbar off Amazon for $88, so I could pull my trailer around my 10 acres and to pull my log splitter. I know that Titan is a company that many around GTT despise, but I am going to give it a try on this little item. If it works that's great, if not I'll just get the John Deere brand or make my own. I'll let everyone know.

Now, I was wondering if you could all enlighten me on some things about this machine since as I said it is my first tractor so I'm a virgin. What implements do you think are must-have? What modifications are must-do? What are some problems with this particular model? What are some pros? Are there any serious defects with this tractor that I should be aware of? Are there any functional differences between the 1025/1026, or are they just comfort differences?

Thank you all in advance, and I look forward to being a contributing member of the site!

Brett
Price was good.
suitcase weights, 8.
a way to use them on the front and back.
Get iMatch compatible equipment.
Get the iMatch.
1023/1025 difference is HP and the comfort.
FEL is a must as has been said.
Open your wallet.
:gizmo:

Have fun!!!!

·
Corndog Hater
11,780 Posts

I would suggest what Levi mentioned. With that rear blade and no FEL (yet), you'll want some weight on the front of your machine. Some suit case weights and a weight bracket would be good investments. The emoticons are to the right of the reply box, when you click the green "Reply to this thread" at the bottom left of the last message posted in the thread.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Yeah, the loader will be my very first purchase. I just couldn't afford it yet. My 2017 (next years) tax refund is earmarked for it already. My buddy has a Kubota BX-whatever, and he says he uses the loader for so many things. Thank you all so far for the good intel. Look forward to hearing more! One more thing...where do you get those cool GTT emoticons?
After you hit the reply button, they appear as shown here.

Smilies.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. I also have the Titan 3pt reciever. It is nicely made, i alos have titan 42" forks and for the little i use mine they are fine with me. Take your time and get the attachments YOU need. We all have different uses for our tractors. Good Luck and Enjoy your tractor. Sounds like you got a good deal :good2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the replies and thanks for the welcome. Foggy Bottom- I'll get the photos up as soon as she's delivered. The freight company is picking it up tomorrow at 3pm in Ohio and delivering to me in Kansas sometime Thursday or Friday. I'm having surgery tomorrow, so when I get out of the hospital I'll hopefully have a new tractor waiting for me!!! I'll post pics as soon as possible!!!

·
Corndog Hater
11,780 Posts
Get well soon, and it will be there waiting for you

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Nice lookin tractor!

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
welcome to gtt I'm like you and new to the forum and just bought my first tractor and had it delivered today a 2016 2032r with front loader and 62d deck and ballast box

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
That is one nice looking tractor. Its odd you mentioned you just had surgery and can't play on it for while. When I bought mine in july and took delivery in August I was having problems with my legs. had surgery sept 7 and did not get on the tractor until end of October. take your time and get well you will have years to use it. :good2:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts