Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am purchasing my first maintenance parts and supplies since I can't be 100% sure how maintenance was performed by the previous owner. The tractor has about 410 hours on it. Any comments on things I might be overlooking or that you suggest I purchase (let's not get crazy)

Tractor 2210
Loader 210
47" snowblower
54" (I think) mower

View attachment 277417

·
Registered
524 Posts
I am purchasing my first maintenance parts and supplies since I can't be 100% sure how maintenance was performed by the previous owner. The tractor has about 410 hours on it. Any comments on things I might be overlooking or that you suggest I purchase (let's not get crazy)

Tractor 2210
Loader 210
47" snowblower
54" (I think) mower

View attachment 277417
Just go over it good as usual. Grease all points you can. Check all fluids and belt. That's about it man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Do you have a tech manual?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the paper user manual. I do not have a tech manual. Is that something that can be found for free or is it a purchased manual only?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I have the paper user manual. I do not have a tech manual. Is that something that can be found for free or is it a purchased manual only?
Unfortunately because of copy write laws it needs to be purchased.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While you are giving it a once over, make certain that the plastic fan just forward of the tramsmission is intact.
looks like it is missing part of a blade.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Make sure to try and grease the drive shaft zerk's, Front and rear. Just replaced the u-joints on mine a few weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Do you have a good link on how to get to these? I saw one once and can't find it again.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do you have a good link on how to get to these? I saw one once and can't find it again.
You have a access panel left side by brake peddle. This will let you look at it I've never had luck with getting anything onto the front zerk though.

https://youtu.be/2b8nP0ntqgc

If you can't get to them with anything this video above will help. Replace plus helpful input on how to grease/angle.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have a access panel left side by brake peddle. This will let you look at it I've never had luck with getting anything onto the front zerk though.

https://youtu.be/2b8nP0ntqgc

If you can't get to them with anything this video above will help. Replace plus helpful input on how to grease/angle.

To get to that rear zerk, is there a good reason to not drill/cut a hole through the top of the transmission cooling fan housing/floorboard paneling and put a rubber body panel plug like this https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdk-378923-s

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
To get to that rear zerk, is there a good reason to not drill/cut a hole through the top of the transmission cooling fan housing/floorboard paneling and put a rubber body panel plug like this https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdk-378923-s

Well, it is your machine. Actually, the rear one is the easiest to get to from the bottom. It is the front one that drives everyone nuts.

Reactions: etcallhome and Levi

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Your in luck. You have a PM!

·
Registered
23,109 Posts
looks like it is missing part of a blade.
If it is only a small part of one blade it should be OK. But that means that something has impacted the fan at some point in time. It would be prudent to be sure the center of the fan is OK - not loose or wobbling. The fan is very important for keeping the transmissiom cool.

Unfortunately it is a fairly complicated procedure to change it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If it is only a small part of one blade it should be OK. But that means that something has impacted the fan at some point in time. It would be prudent to be sure the center of the fan is OK - not loose or wobbling. The fan is very important for keeping the transmissiom cool.

Unfortunately it is a fairly complicated procedure to change it.
Complicated or time consuming? I watched the video of changing that drive U joint and it looks "easy.," Definitely a little frustrating, but time consuming for sure. An added factor is that I have a cab on mine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can just keep in mind you are going to need to grind down the end of your grease gun to fit or buy a needle extention to get to it (and hope it takes with the needle tip). Mine has 600hr on it purchased from the original owner. He had the local John Deere dealer do the maintenance while he owned it. When I purchased it I knew from here the fan issues and these zerk's on this shaft. I stopped by the dealer who serviced it and asked for the tip on how they greased these. The two guy's behind the counter laughed and said good luck. So they never touched them is what they really said. And explained why no evidence of grease was on these two zerk's. Hence I replaced both a few weeks ago myself. Filled with grease while out of the unit. So should hopefully get 600 more hours out of them :dunno.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You can just keep in mind you are going to need to grind down the end of your grease gun to fit or buy a needle extention to get to it (and hope it takes with the needle tip). Mine has 600hr on it purchased from the original owner. He had the local John Deere dealer do the maintenance while he owned it. When I purchased it I knew from here the fan issues and these zerk's on this shaft. I stopped by the dealer who serviced it and asked for the tip on how they greased these. The two guy's behind the counter laughed and said good luck. So they never touched them is what they really said. And explained why no evidence of grease was on these two zerk's. Hence I replaced both a few weeks ago myself. Filled with grease while out of the unit. So should hopefully get 600 more hours out of them :dunno.

I have a needle extension and also one I grounded down. I'm a tech for JD and I don't shady crap like that. I do my job right and make it get the tools to do it right. It's on me if it goes out cause customer toys on us to grease it all it make me mad when people are lazy and don't want to put the extra effort in it to do the job right.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a needle extension and also one I grounded down. I'm a tech for JD and I don't shady crap like that. I do my job right and make it get the tools to do it right. It's on me if it goes out cause customer toys on us to grease it all it make me mad when people are lazy and don't want to put the extra effort in it to do the job right.

Do you get to both zerks from the bottom of the tractor without taking anything apart? What is the best way to get the zerks lined up with where you insert the grease gun?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts