Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a what believe is an 85? 316 with a 50" deck that looks to be in nice shape. Guy I got it from said he got it at auction and the pto was siezed so he couldn't get it started. Well I took my chances and paid the man. The smile on my 3 year olds face was worth the price regardless. Anyhow got it in the garage and put a new battery in it after pulling the deck and it turned over. So new plugs, clean and adjust the points an wala she runs! Found a siezed bearing a deck spindle. Fixed that up and reinstalled the deck. Flip the pto and it works. Only issue I have now is if I turn the lights on with the pto engaged the battery light comes on. Anyone have any pointers on this? Hour meter reads 1750 something hours. I'm not sure on the history but I was amazed to not see a big puff of blue.

Now to find a 3 point for it and get him some accessories work our garden.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#1 yes wide open throttle.
#2 I do not have an rpm meter but I will look next time I'm at harbor freight thank you
# I do have a multimeter and do know how to use it. I will check voltage when I can get out to the garage.

Thank you for your reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.