Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this 2006 Buhler Y550R 3PH finishing mower. It cuts so nice and so fast. :good2: It is in very good condition. Down side is that it does not fit the iMatch hitch, I have to put on a mod kit for that but no problem.

IMG_3302.jpg IMG_3303.jpg IMG_3305.jpg

I've been having problems with the 21 HP Briggs and Stratton V-Twin engine on my Craftsman so finish mowing was becoming a challenge; I'll work on that later but I still need to mow. Of course I really would have used this as an excuse to buy a MMM but at $3,500.00 I think it was too much for this time. Plus I "need" a landscape rake and it would be a stretch to buy that and the MMM at this time. I figure I can always sell a 3PH mower in the future if I do get the MMM, but so far this works real good for $750.00.

This was the first time I ever ran the 1026 with the loader off and I think I need some weights for the front. Of couse the mower rides on its wheels so it's not as much of a problems when actually mowing.

IMG_3315.jpg

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
NICE!!!
That's what steering brakes are for! :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
Nice Carvel Loafer. I had the same issue with our JD 650 and a finish mower, the 650 was EXTREMELY light in the front end with the mower in transport.
Consider it a big wheelie bar.:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,969 Posts
NICE!!!
That's what steering brakes are for! :laugh:
1 series only has a combined brake, not split brakes. You get that feature on a 2 series and larger.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I guess the other option then is to have that "guy in the picture" sit on the front brush guard while mowing. :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
1 series only has a combined brake, not split brakes. You get that feature on a 2 series and larger.
Well doesn't that just blow your skirt up! Go Figure!

·
Administrator
20,969 Posts
Maybe a nice set of moose antlers mounted on the brush guard? The 1026R would have a very Canadian look as well as more stability. :canada :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
Maybe a nice set of moose antlers mounted on the brush guard? The 1026R would have a very Canadian look as well as more stability. :canada :lol:
:lol::lol::lol: Yea Ok!

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
I think that for $750, you stole it. Looks good.

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think that for $750, you stole it. Looks good.
I thought so too, I was quoted $2,300 new. I was dealing on another one the same only a couple years newer, and red, for $1,000. If I want to quick hitch it though that will cost another $100 for a factory kit. I'll either make one or just pull the quick hitch when I pull the loader to mow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts