Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ken,

The bucket on my 2025r came with holes drilled for hooks, but they are perpendicular to what I see is needed for your hooks. Presumably the previous owner used the tow-hook style on it before trading it in to the dealer, but I don't know for sure. I'd like to use your hooks, but am not crazy about drilling more holes in the bucket since the ones already there are right in line with the loader arms where I'd want the new ones to go. Do you offer your hooks with tow-hook style bolts? Or do you have any recommendation for how I might handle this? I don't weld, but a neighbor of mine probably could do it for me if you think that's the best way to go.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Can you show us a photo of the existing holes? Depending on the size and location there may not be an issue with the two extra holes for Kenny's hooks. Alternatively, if you know someone who can weld I would have them simply plug weld the existing holes shut and then drill the new holes. After it was ground smooth and painted you would never know the original holes were there.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Hi Ken,

The bucket on my 2025r came with holes drilled for hooks, but they are perpendicular to what I see is needed for your hooks. Presumably the previous owner used the tow-hook style on it before trading it in to the dealer, but I don't know for sure. I'd like to use your hooks, but am not crazy about drilling more holes in the bucket since the ones already there are right in line with the loader arms where I'd want the new ones to go. Do you offer your hooks with tow-hook style bolts? Or do you have any recommendation for how I might handle this? I don't weld, but a neighbor of mine probably could do it for me if you think that's the best way to go.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul,
No, we do not have or sell "tow hooks", everything we have is shown on the website. I would suggest having 1/4" plates welded over those areas and then hooks welded (or bolted but since your at the weldor's anyway) on top of that. We do offer laser cut reinforcement plates on the Weld-On Products page that may cover those holes.

Here is a picture of those cheap "Tow Hooks" from Horrible Fright a customer sent me, the pics are bad but the hooks are actually bent/twisted in-not the bucket. He replaced them with our hooks :laugh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Hoping this pic works, my first attempt of an upload:

View attachment 485666
If that were mine I would just cover those holes with the backing plate from Kenny's hooks and drill two more holes. I had a similar situation in that I originally put a hook in the middle of my bucket along with the two outer hooks. I never really used the center hook much and later redrilled more holes to install Kenny's receiver hitch which I use all the time. Those extra holes are under the mounting plate and not hurting anything.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paul,
No, we do not have or sell "tow hooks", everything we have is shown on the website. I would suggest having 1/4" plates welded over those areas and then hooks welded (or bolted but since your at the weldor's anyway) on top of that. We do offer laser cut reinforcement plates on the Weld-On Products page that may cover those holes.

Here is a picture of those cheap "Tow Hooks" from Horrible Fright a customer sent me, the pics are bad but the hooks are actually bent/twisted in-not the bucket. He replaced them with our hooks :laugh:
Thanks for the reply and suggestions. I’ll get my order going for the plates and hooks as soon as I see if my neighbor can do the welding for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Off topic but that is an awfully cute picture with your dog "running" your tractor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Off topic but that is an awfully cute picture with your dog "running" your tractor.
Haha, thanks. I do need to teach her not to do loader work with the mower on, though...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You might as well go ahead and teach her to change the hydraulic fluid while your at it.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts