Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Messy Marvin, the 1982 Yamaha golf car, has moved on to a new life. I got 3+ years out of it, but he was starting to show his age. I got the opportunity to upgrade to a 1998 Yamaha G16. My buddy and I tend to name our toys, and it took us a bit to come up with his name. We are both big Patriots fans, and we also happen to like beer. Then it hit us...brewski (slang term for beer). And some of you might remember a New England Patriots player named Tedy Bruschi (pronounced brewski) and there you have it. Introducing Tedy Bruschi.
TedyBefore.jpg
We both agreed that we wanted something a little more aggressive, if not a bit more manly. So we had a lift kit installed. Now Tedy is a bada$$. And I can confirm that he can even get us through snow. Well, not a lot of snow. Anyway, here he is in his new sneakers.
Tedy1.jpg
Tedy2.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,933 Posts
:bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
:bigthumb: Nice!!!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
That's pretty sweet! The wheels and tires were a nice upgrade. I don't know about the Patriots theme though. It'd look way better as a Buffalo Bill. Of course, it would then have to then be parked for the winter with little chance of going anywhere.

·
Registered
926 Posts
:hi: I see many persons using Golf Carts here in the USA - never seen one here in D :dunno: And here they're not allowed for public transport. Maybe you can get a special license. But here my question: are this little carts are only for use on private estate or can you drive on public streets, too?

·
Registered
459 Posts
:hi: I see many persons using Golf Carts here in the USA - never seen one here in D :dunno: And here they're not allowed for public transport. Maybe you can get a special license. But here my question: are this little carts are only for use on private estate or can you drive on public streets, too?
Here in Mansfield Il and other small towns they are legal with proper lighting , insurance ,(cheap) And a permit , 35$ a year . Good to hear from you , merry x - mas , Kevin .

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Generally Golf carts are classified as 'neighborhood' vehicles (at least in the Western States where I have some familiarity....) and must stay on roads with speed limits of 35 MPH or less to blend better with other traffic. The electric ones are quiet and very low maintenance. I have a Club Car (actually the wife has it....) and it is useful for minor hauling as well. On our last property, she used it to go out and do early morning gardening tasks where she did not want to disturb the rest of the neighborhood with operating one of our slightly noisier tractors. The Electric Gator was good for that too, just not as agile as the cart. Plus the cart was "better dressed" for tour duties at a champagne brunch...

cart tour - champagne brunch.jpg

cart tour 2.JPG

The E-Gator was a much more utilitarian vehicle...
Gator capacity times two.jpg

Chuck

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
In my area, you can drive any vehicle on the street that has a max speed of 25MPH. My neighbors Kubota UTV will go 23 MPH and my electric Yamaha golf cart will go 10 MPH. No license required. Now they have come out with those side by side (like a Gator) models that can go 55 MPH or more. A couple of them go by my place quite often. And of course, they are going as fast as they can go. In talking with the county sheriff, he says there is nothing he can do about them. Those things are just not safe at 55 MPH. The first time somebody gets killed on one of them, there is going to be quite a cat fight.

UTV Shootout: Can-Am Maverick X3 X rs Turbo R vs. Polaris RZR XP Turbo | UTV Driver
Here is an article of what is supposed to be the fastest UTV's availale. The RZR has 154 HP and the Can-Am has 168 HP. These power ratings make my 4066R look pretty anemic. Top speed on on the Polaris RZR was 80 MPH and top speed on the Can-Am was 85 MPH. These are scary speeds. And no license required, therefore no required insurance. Hopefully they will be covered on their homeowers/ranch/farm insurance.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts