Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after waking up at 3:00 this morning and driving almost 700 mikes we have a new family member. Old John decided to come live with us.

I think he’s a 41 or 42 H. Serial number is tough to read.

So far he seems to be in pretty good shape. A few little odds and ends to work out but overall not bad.

Looking him over.

Loading up

Third fuel stop of the day.

Home at last.

Hey that tractor isn’t yours.

It isn’t yours. (Famous last words)

Even the old truck did well today. I was a little worried with the 4.2 V6. A little anemic but not bad. I must say with the being the fist time I used a doh me axle trailer with brakes I want one. So nice to haul with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
so the wife finally left ya get one-huh:lol: great for u:bigthumb:

i also see u got one all pimped out with lights, and a electric starter too. does it have a pto--and hydraulics to go along with the rest:unknown:

·
Administrator
17,327 Posts
Congrats! I know you've been wanting this for a long time!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Beauty :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
so the wife finally left ya get one-huh:lol: great for u:bigthumb:

i also see u got one all pimped out with lights, and a electric starter too. does it have a pto--and hydraulics to go along with the rest:unknown:
Yes. My early birthday and Christmas present.

Yes it has the PTO and hydraulic lift as well. Now to find a plow for it for plow days. The gentleman I bought it from has one. But I wasn’t authorized to spend more money. :(

I’ll work on that though.

·
Administrator
20,369 Posts
This is awesome! Another Johhny Popper in a good home. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
8,023 Posts
Congratulations J3Driver!

Hard to believe that this is "your" tractor since all of the pictures have your son operating it.....

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations J3Driver!

Hard to believe that this is "your" tractor since all of the pictures have your son operating it.....
I made it very clear who’s it is. Didn’t work. Guess that means he gets to buy the parts.

·
Super Moderator
2,698 Posts
Picking up an older thread - there is a H on the local CL that looks good to me. I don't have a 2 cylinder JD, but have been wanting one - and the smaller ones would be better for me, like the H, or a M or a 40. But, of course, tractor funds and space is an issue at the moment.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Well after waking up at 3:00 this morning and driving almost 700 mikes we have a new family member. Old John decided to come live with us.

I think he’s a 41 or 42 H. Serial number is tough to read.

So far he seems to be in pretty good shape. A few little odds and ends to work out but overall not bad.

Looking him over.

Loading up

Third fuel stop of the day.

Home at last.

Hey that tractor isn’t yours.

It isn’t yours. (Famous last words)

Even the old truck did well today. I was a little worried with the 4.2 V6. A little anemic but not bad. I must say with the being the fist time I used a doh me axle trailer with brakes I want one. So nice to haul with.

Didn't your mom teach you not to pick up hotch hikers<smile>

Nice tractor👍

1 - 20 of 21 Posts