Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking real hard at a 1990 model JD 2755. Never worked with one before but it’s the right frame size and horsepower for my hay operation.
Straight 8 speed. Dual rear SCV’s. 4,200 hrs. Looks like a real clean, well maintained tractor.
Any buggabo’s I should be concerned about? Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Normally JD 55 series utility tractors were some of the better models JD built. I like how the shift levers were relocated forward for easier mounting/dismounting operators station. I suggest to check condition of antifreeze because piston liner cavitation has become more prominent in the last few yrs. Also check operation of hyd system with hyd oil at operating temp. Check hyd pto in both on/off positions. Check for presence of water in hyd system.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, Jim. We looked at both the engine oil and hyd oil. No discernible issues there. Fired it up, drove it, everything worked.
Clutch OK, PTO turned.
What am I looking for with the PTO at operating temps? (We didn’t run it that long.)
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
You're welcome. Operate pto clutch/brake sufficient time to determine they have no large enough internal leak to create a hyd operation problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts