Green Tractor Talk banner

New to me landscape rake

5K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  HomesteadJoe 
#1 ·
I just picked up this LR1172 with wheel kit for $500. I feel like this was a really good deal. I can’t find any information on this model on the web. Anybody have one of these and have any pointers on adjusting the wheels and using this thing.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I just picked up this LR1172 with wheel kit for $500. I feel like this was a really good deal. I can’t find any information on this model on the web. Anybody have one of these and have any pointers on adjusting the wheels and using this thing.
A good deal?? Are you kidding!! JD wants $513 just for the wheel kit on one of these rakes!! How do you sleep at night? :)

Typically you adjust the wheels according to the amount of depth you want to rake. You can adjust it from just skimming the surface up to applying the fully weight of the rake. It all depends on the surface and type of debris you are gathering.

You can also angle to push debris over to the side.

The only caution is to not push backwards against the tines. Always move with the tines facing the direction of travel.

You can download the Operator's Manual from the JD site here:

http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/WPMAN0144_19/Output/WPMAN0144.pdf

#4 ·
Smoking deal!

#7 ·
You pull the lynch pin and move the little spacers around until the wheel height is where you want. More spacers below the mount will lower the wheel. More spacers above the mount will raise the wheel.

Attachments

#6 ·
One search on internet found this. Wasn’t hard to find it either.
Thank you for the picture, it was extremely helpful. You are good at interneting.

#8 ·
Are you peanut butter?

'Cuz I'm jelly...

#12 ·
I have a different model but do have the wheel kit, the only way to go! I do not use the shims to adjust the rake I use the top link extend the top link raises the rake, shorten the link lowers the rake.

Doug

#13 ·
I find that even with a hydraulic top-link I need to initially adjust the wheel spacers to get close. Then by tweeking the top-link length I can fine tune the tine depth.

Reactions: Gizmo2
#14 ·
You din't buy it--you STOLE it! I purchased a used 5' Landpride a couple years back without a wheel kit for $200. I thought I was doing good until I ordered the wheel kit and the flip down blade for it. That added another $950.

Reactions: Gizmo2
#17 ·
boy oh boy what a deal u found:yahoo:

here's what it would of looked like back in 2006
my wheel set had a slip collar to adjust the wheels with a set screw back then. finally got mad and drilled hole and made pieces of pipe just like urs has on it. way better than.

i paid over $700 bucks for the rake and almost $400 for the wheel kit. also replaced the tines too, but i got them off of agri-supply for $4 a tine, compared to $17 at jd.

Attachments

Reactions: Dr Kubar
#18 ·
Four years ago, I bought this 8ft rock/landscape rake used for $450. It has been very helpful in maintaining my gravel areas. It really dresses them up. With all the freezing/thawing/rain/snow this winter, I will be putting it through it's paces this spring. I added the wheel kit for $188 from Rural King. I don't remember off the top of my head what brand it is, but it is old enough that it was not iMatch compatible, but as you can see in the pic, it is now. The hyd top link is very helpful with this rake. I shorten up the top link to make it dig more initially, then lengthen it to make it ride mostly on the wheels to put the final touch on the gravel.

Dave

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Soil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.