Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys here's the deal, the JD 2720 deal fell thru, so I was back on the hunt. Well it ended today with the purchase of a 2006 Mahindra 2516 with 300 Hrs on the clock. it is a 25HP Hydro w/ a full CAT 1 hitch. As seen in picture has a loader on it, have ordered the mandatory KBOH already.
Came with AG tires on the tractor all at about 90%, a full set of bar tires on rims again at 90%. A 4' brush hog, a 5' york rake and a 4' rototiller. all for $9K think I did OK Gotta say the thing is a little tank. Will give another update after I get it to the farm. I am a volunteer at a Horse rescue farm here in CT. Can't get my own farm so I decided to borrow someone else's. The tractor will live there and will be used for mostly farm maintenance. Now I know it's not green but I still have the 2305 to keep me as a tractor carrying member, just expanding my tractor experiences and the fleet.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
That's cool, nice looking tractor. Good Luck with it.:good2:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looks good definitely keep us posted on how it works out. Sounds like ya got some real nice goodies with it. That's one of the upside of buying used, ya get some extras along with it

·
Premium Member
14,083 Posts
I'm going blind,,,,,its red

Looks good, interested same as the others like to hear how you like it.

For the price you paid plus all the attachments sounds like a great deal.:bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
Good luck with your new "Workhorse!" :congrats:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Looks awesome the deal you received sounds great!! Best of luck !

·
Premium Member
7,886 Posts
:good2:

Just don't hold your breath waiting on Gizmo to send you the green paint!

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
there's nothing wrong with thinking outside of the box. :congrats: on ur new tractor, and for that price I think u done very well. yrs ago the Kiota brand swamped our area for a while, then that dealer shut down, but now in the last several yrs, Mahindra's have been selling real good, we even have a dealer 25 miles from my place too. so glad for u, and good luck!!

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:good2: Nice score!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
:good2:

Just don't hold your breath waiting on Gizmo to send you the green paint!
You never got it? :lol:

fdmars, A neighbor down the road from us has a has Mahindra, I think it's a nice tractor. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for reply's, pick up Sat. Reports to follow.

·
Premium Member
7,504 Posts
OK guys here's the deal, the JD 2720 deal fell thru, so I was back on the hunt. Well it ended today with the purchase of a 2006 Mahindra 2516 with 300 Hrs on the clock. it is a 25HP Hydro w/ a full CAT 1 hitch. As seen in picture has a loader on it, have ordered the mandatory KBOH already.
Came with AG tires on the tractor all at about 90%, a full set of bar tires on rims again at 90%. A 4' brush hog, a 5' york rake and a 4' rototiller. all for $9K think I did OK Gotta say the thing is a little tank. Will give another update after I get it to the farm. I am a volunteer at a Horse rescue farm here in CT. Can't get my own farm so I decided to borrow someone else's. The tractor will live there and will be used for mostly farm maintenance. Now I know it's not green but I still have the 2305 to keep me as a tractor carrying member, just expanding my tractor experiences and the fleet.
By "bar" tires do you mean Industrial/R4 tires? I guess I always considered AG/R1/bar tires to be one in the same :dunno: :hide:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes to R4's. For some reason I can never keep those numbers straight in my head....looking forward to Sat. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Nice score. :thumbup1gif: I think the paint is a little flat. Maybe a new green paint job would make it look new again. :laugh:
john deere green paint.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts