Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's what i bought on my little road trip this morning.
https://lancaster.craigslist.org/grd/d/riding-mower-sun-shade-canopy/6575083572.html

got him down a cool 5 bucks:laugh: darn turnpike fare has really jumped in price in the last few yrs. i told him any amount to help me out on my end would really help.:dunno:so he came back and said hey 2 other guys called after me-i said boy they just waited for 27 days till i called.:dunno:yeah-u know it's getting sunny out now. i thought for a minute-as this is homemade, but i felt it was worth what he wanted-cause the other ones i seen to fit was over $150. so...........it came back home with me.:thumbup1gif:

160 miles one way-took Miss brenda and Charley boy along, but it cost me 3 $1.19 hamburger's, a large order of fries we split, and a cup of coke to wash it all down. not to bad of cost for someone to talk to, down-and half way back-as the 2 of them slept most of the way back home. they wanted Diary Queen ice cream on the way back, but i pleaded out as my stomach and inwards has been acting up awful bad most of the week. had to take some Pepto-bismol before we left.

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
That is one expensive sunshade BigJim once you factor in tolls and gas! But the time spent with Brenda and Charlie is priceless:good2:

Another 80 miles and you could have stopped here, I'd have made us all some steaks :eating:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
How are you going to get your George Hamilton glowing tan if your covered now.:lol:

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is one expensive sunshade BigJim once you factor in tolls and gas! But the time spent with Brenda and Charlie is priceless:good2:

Another 80 miles and you could have stopped here, I'd have made us all some steaks :eating:
:laugh: my wife made the same comment about that. she thought the fella selling it, would just ship it:lol::banghead: i said i don't think that is how it works for stuff on craigslist. i guess if it was small enough u could ship sight unseen.:dunno: i still have way less in this than what a Original sun shade cost, and this is bigger-IMO. of course i have never seen one in person to compare:unknown:

ahh-steaks would of been a lot tastier than the $1.19 hamburgers we got today-:lol: but ur right it was a nice trip, not a whole lot traffic on the pike, or 283 for it being a holiday weekend. only the Devil Sheetz stores and Mickey D's was packed, and we made a pit stop at a Turkey Hill location for the wife and Charley boy a potty run:munch:

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are you going to get your George Hamilton glowing tan if your covered now.:lol:
my tanning days are over. :empathy::lol:most of both my arms are covered in black and blue marks--i rub against anything on my skin, and it instantly turns to a black and blue mark.

·
Premium Member
7,704 Posts
The CL post has already been deleted, so I'll have to wait for your installed picture.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
The CL post has already been deleted, so I'll have to wait for your installed picture.
Yep me too. It must be purple in color. You know, to blend in with his arms. :munch:

·
Premium Member
7,704 Posts
:laugh: my wife made the same comment about that. she thought the fella selling it, would just ship it:lol::banghead: i said i don't think that is how it works for stuff on craigslist. i guess if it was small enough u could ship sight unseen.:dunno: i still have way less in this than what a Original sun shade cost, and this is bigger-IMO. of course i have never seen one in person to compare:unknown:

ahh-steaks would of been a lot tastier than the $1.19 hamburgers we got today-:lol: but ur right it was a nice trip, not a whole lot traffic on the pike, or 283 for it being a holiday weekend. only the Devil Sheetz stores and Mickey D's was packed, and we made a pit stop at a Turkey Hill location for the wife and Charley boy a potty run:munch:
I found a front grill guard for my x485 on CL several states away. I emailed the seller and asked if he would ship and if so, a quote. His quote was reasonable, I just lost the face to face being able to make an offer. I paid a little more than I wanted, BUT a lot less than new from the dealer.

Also if you drive a long way and the seller knows it, you basically lost most of your bargaining power. "pay my price, or make the l o n g drive home empty handed".

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i just looked to see if my saved pic was gone, and of course it was too. so yeah i guess uns will have too wait now. need to make 2 new brackets, as his tractor which was a LX-188, was a bit narrower. -isn't that the size of tractor u had stolen?:dunno:

Yep me too. It must be purple in color. You know, to blend in with his arms. :munch:
:mocking:

This is the only pic I’ve seen -

View attachment 621874
u fellas should have looked sooner-:dunno:should have it mounted this weekend-so ya show ya then-ok.

I found a front grill guard for my x485 on CL several states away. I emailed the seller and asked if he would ship and if so, a quote. His quote was reasonable, I just lost the face to face being able to make an offer. I paid a little more than I wanted, BUT a lot less than new from the dealer.

Also if you drive a long way and the seller knows it, you basically lost most of your bargaining power. "pay my price, or make the l o n g drive home empty handed".
yeah-i know what ya mean-but i was ready to come home empty handed if the material was rotten, or it was all bent up. and i would of chalked it up to a nice road trip :laugh: i still am gonna like it better than what else was offered on the market. like the Original tractor canopy had to offer. IMO. but in there defence i couldn't find one anywhere close to me, to look at. and it was double the price too.

·
Premium Member
7,704 Posts
Bigjim55 I had a JD 285 stolen just over a year ago. Had a full tank of gas too :nunu:

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:munch:eek:k-finally got the new brackets all made and welded up to fit the frame of the x475. so here's a pic of my new ride:lol:

new sunshade is only the x475.jpg i thought i had another pic-but couldn't find it tonight for some reason:banghead: anyways it is about six inches to short-height wise. but hey i fit underneath it ok-for now. need to go to town to find some more pipe to increase the height. now all i need to modernize this jewel is a set arm rests-and then i'll be cruising for sure:lolol:in the back ground is the Case wheel loader the boy made the fork frame for. :munch:enjoy:laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts