Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally pulled the trigger on a used TR3 rake. Found a gently used one at a good price just a short drive away so went and picked it up this morning. Met a nice couple liquidating their equipment to retire and move to town. That might be me in another 15 years 馃槙

Looking forward to trying her out on the driveway potholes but currently have the backhoe on the tractor so I'll have to dream about it for a bit longer. Installing a new septic system which is more important than the drive at this time.

I've read a few bad reviews but most have been overwhelmingly positive for driveway maintenance, yard prep, & trail grooming which are my intended uses.

Getting it used is a huge plus as it shouldn't be hard to recoup most of my money if I don't like it. Those things are 3.5k for the smallest ones new and over 5k for the larger. That's a lot for a hobby landowner.

Anybody want to share some tips on the trial run so I don't have to learn the hard way? 馃槄

Registered
Not sure what you paid, but nice even being able to score one of those! I rarely see them used around here, although since I paved my driveway I haven't been looking. :)

Still wouldn't mind having one for smoothing trails, etc. Maybe I can borrow yours???

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you paid, but nice even being able to score one of those! I rarely see them used around here, although since I paved my driveway I haven't been looking. :)

Still wouldn't mind having one for smoothing trails, etc. Maybe I can borrow yours???
I paid 2k. It's a five foot frame and with the rake it's about 6.5 ft. Guy said he wasn't getting much interest on it and wanted it gone as they are selling the property. It's 2 years old and still shiney. It was stored indoors and obviously didn't see hard use.

That model was a little over 4k last time I put together a presentation for the finance committee and checked with ABI. That was rejected but fortunately this came along so now everyone is happy.

Registered
Definitely update us on how it works! I have plans to buy a TR3-E for arena grooming in a year or two, would love to hear your feedback

Registered
You guys are talking Greek! So I went to Google what the heck a TR3 is and this is my result -

View attachment 753995
Yeah you had to add the "RAKE" word behind it to get results. Don't ya hate when sombody gets a new sumthin ya never heard of and don't post a picture with it?

Registered
Oh, I had heard of them as well but I too thought I was going to see a Triumph project. 馃槑

Registered
Definitely update us on how it works! I have plans to buy a TR3-E for arena grooming in a year or two, would love to hear your feedback
The TR3-E is excellent as a arena drag. We also use it to harrow the manure in the pastures. You won't go wrong getting one. I use a box blade for the drive. I can't stomach the idea of dragging the TR3-E through gravel 馃挷馃挷.

Registered
The TR3-E is excellent as a arena drag. We also use it to harrow the manure in the pastures. You won't go wrong getting one. I use a box blade for the drive. I can't stomach the idea of dragging the TR3-E through gravel 馃挷馃挷.
I have a land plane on order for the driveway, I felt the same way that dragging one through the gravel would add wear that might affect its ability to make a high-quality arena surface

Administrator
Thread title edited.

Reactions: rtgt and akadave
1 - 13 of 13 Posts