Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum, but already want to say 'thank you' to the group.

I've been lurking and reading here for weeks in order to prep for a purchase. My wife and I are moving further out into the country and are closing on a new house on close to 2 acres. I don't want to hire anyone to do the yard, hence the need for a tractor.

I was considering purchasing a new X370, but I found a used X580. It's a 2016 model, purchased in 2017. Two years remaining on the warranty. It had 89 hours on it and was priced well, so I jumped on it.

The previous owner - a very nice and very honest guy - put a few bumps and bruises on it and I'd like to set it right.

The front grille has a plate with "John Deere" on it that he apparently ran into something and cracked. I have that part ordered. Looks to be snap in, no problem.
Seat is cracked (as I understand the JD seats do). Replacement seat from a third party manufacturer ordered from Seat Warehouse. Looks easy to install.

But he had also dented the rear fender assembly in a few places and (yes, I'm wasting money, but I really want to fix this) I want to replace the rear fender assembly with a new one. Found the part and ordered it (yikes! Price was $400.), and from the parts diagrams online it looks pretty simple:

o Unplug seat
o Unbolt seat
o Take off two center bolts securing fender assembly to frame
o Take off four bolts (2 each side) securing fender assembly to floor
o Take handles, lights, storage box etc off old fender assembly and swap to new assembly
o Reverse the above to install new fender assembly

Again, it looks simple. But are there any gotchas that I should know about?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think you have it pretty well covered, although you might have come out cheaper having the dints removed and it repainted. Welcome, by the way.

·
Premium Member
12,131 Posts
I'm surprised. The price for that entire seat pan doesn't seem too bad. That is a big chunk of painted steel. By contrast, the tiny little foot rest extension on my 2720 is only about 11" x 10" and a bit thinner than your seat pan and JD wants $76 for it.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts