Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Bought my first home with a TON of work to be done to the outside. My friend convinced me to buy a tractor immediately instead of tinkering about for years with pick axes and wheelbarrows. I'm happy to say I'm the proud owner of a JD 4400! Albeit used. I know a ton about home renovations but zero about lawn equipment so I imagine I'll be visiting this site regularly. I look forward to working with the tractor but with a family of 5 I don't have much time to tinker with an engine, especially one I'm not familiar with.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
:wgtt: how about a pic of ur new to u -jd 4400 :greentractorride:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hello all,

Bought my first home with a TON of work to be done to the outside. My friend convinced me to buy a tractor immediately instead of tinkering about for years with pick axes and wheelbarrows. I'm happy to say I'm the proud owner of a JD 4400! Albeit used. I know a ton about home renovations but zero about lawn equipment so I imagine I'll be visiting this site regularly. I look forward to working with the tractor but with a family of 5 I don't have much time to tinker with an engine, especially one I'm not familiar with.

Rob

Welcome...

shouldnt have to do much tinkering at all on that model of tractor...im assuming its the compact version......hopefully it has a loader ........you will be glad you have it soon ....I have a 4500 in my stable and its my favorite go to chore tractor never failed me yet and i have asked a lot of it ..

:greentractorride:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,757 Posts

·
Administrator
20,304 Posts
Rob,

·
Premium Member
7,638 Posts

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
:wgtt:from the Mitten

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Registered
12,300 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,969 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still learning this site and just found out people had responded to this post. Thank you for that! I'll have to turn on notifications I guess.
Unfortunately I've already run into a little problem with my dear old Deere. How do I go about starting a conversation asking for help? I can't seem to find a place to start a new thread.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello all,

Rob

Welcome...

shouldnt have to do much tinkering at all on that model of tractor...im assuming its the compact version......hopefully it has a loader ........you will be glad you have it soon ....I have a 4500 in my stable and its my favorite go to chore tractor never failed me yet and i have asked a lot of it ..

Thankfully it has a loader and a backhoe (though I've got a lot to learn on that feature)! It pains me to not have it running now, heart breaking to be honest, but when it was running I was like a kid in candy store. Good thing the engine is loud, otherwise my neighbors would've heard me screaming for joy!

·
Registered
553 Posts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts