Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello; New to the Green World and have owned many old other color ones. Spent 1 1/2 years restoring a 1948 6X6 Dodge Power Wagon and sold it to buy my tractor with I wanted more. Market was hot for the Power Wagon I got $40K for it and blew it on my new JD4044M second winter using it and just love the Auto/Power every thing. I was at a point running my old MF135 1967 it just got to darn hard to deal with a clutch anymore at 66 years. I never would have bought it on payments and paid cash it felt good too!! I have a set of Manure Forks coming that I am building better tips for and beefing up. I have a 6 ft Box blade, 8 ft read blade, Fork set up for Hay and Pallets. I added in the Hay Spears to the Pallet Fork set up. I made a Pusher Blade for the snow this year it was nice compared to just the bucket in speed. The bucket is nice for clean up and other things. I also have a post hole digger I should have bought 20 years ago! The original seat was just killing my back so I went and put a after market one on. NICE having a Shock and 2 Springs that can be adjusted to your weight of 115-300 lbs. I am a little guy and it is set light and works great with a 4" travel. It was hard to not stand up every time the front wheels hit a bump because the seat absorbed the bump! I even added a Oil Cooler to heat me with it kept me nice and warm with a open cab this winter in the Low Teens plowing snow since October and still doing it today in North Eastern Washington near Canada. This picture shows the new seat and blue oil cooler heater I use in the winter to keep me warm with. This JD's newness never wears off after only owning old stuff in the past!! Mark 100_0391.JPG

·
Administrator
20,678 Posts
Mark,
:wgtt:

And congrats on your new :greentractorride: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
:wgtt: And Nice Tractor :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This was my other Love I built to get the JD with

This was a rusted beat up old 6x6 1948 Power Wagon. I put over 1,200 hours into my baby and shed a tear seeing it go to California when I sold it. If it wasn't for the JD4044M I would have kept it. I could do so much more with my new JD then I could with the Power Wagon. The enjoyment I got from the PW was building it from scratch and doing all the work including my first paint job. I did take it to the local car show for fun once. Now I have so much fun operating the JD in the snow and thinking of projects for it. Buying a New Brush Hog in the spring. I have some mowing to do on our 120 acres this year after the snow is gone. DSCF3308.JPG This is me! 100_0121.JPG

·
Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
5,504 Posts
Wow, I can see why the mixed emotions. That is one beautiful truck. The tractor is damn nice too.

Glad to have you here.:good2: By the way, get a hair cut ya hippy.:laugh:

:hi:

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, I can see why the mixed emotions. That is one beautiful truck. The tractor is damn nice too.

Glad to have you here.:good2: By the way, get a hair cut ya hippy.:laugh:

:hi:
I save money to buy tractor things not cutting it. Here is a picture of it when I started to take it all apart every nut and bolt was taken off and cleaned to bare. Complete drive train rebuild too all new bearings, U-Joints(12 of them) and seals. I built the hydraulic lift bed and set up for the back that was fun bolting it all together.
DSCN0792.jpg This is a side view when I took it out for it's first drive near home. DSCF3601.jpg

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
JD4044M
[QUOTE]I save money to buy tractor things not cutting it.[/QUOTE] :lolol:I JUST TRIED THAT for the last couple months too. i want and are getting a new 2018 jd gator around August.
but after 3 months i couldn't take it anymore, and got a haircut:laugh:

loving ur pics so far.

welcome from south western Pa. :wgtt:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,438 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
:wgtt: and Congrats on the tractor!!

Great looking power wagon. :bigthumb: Somebody is having fun with it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland

1 - 13 of 13 Posts