Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Joe and I am from hunterdon county New jersey. I currently have an x748 with 125hrs. It has a 54"mmm 54" blade and 54" snow blower. I am going to be selling it and purchasing a new tractor. I am looking for something with a good FEL and 3pt. for things like a post hole digger. I mow about an acre and have a 250' drive way with large parking area to clear of snow. I also mow and clear snow off of a commercial property next door with a large driveway and a decent amout of grass.

I really like the 2320 am i looking in the right area?

dealer says i could also go with the 2520 with no problem, too big you think?

I would sell all of my x748 stuff except the blower if a 2320.

I would sell everything if a 2520 is possible and just do the snow with the FEL.

Also brush hogging 5+ acres up at my father in laws is a possibilty.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks, -joe.

·
Registered
280 Posts
go with what you want but if it was me i would go with the 2520, just becasue if you ever do the brush hogging you can have a bigger brush hog and (correct me if wrong) it has the deluxe dash (speedometer, etc)

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Welcome to DT Joe:thumbup1gif:

The 2320 sounds like a great fit, and the 2520 seems to have a long lead time (like two months) due to the promotion they had on then two or so months ago.

Not sure I understand this logic though:

I would sell everything if a 2520 is possible and just do the snow with the FEL.
The blower will fit either machine, and using the FEL for snow removal will get old fast.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, thanks for the replies. I kicked around selling the 54" snow blower figuring the extra torque on the 2520, i think +10 ftlbs over 2320, would power through the heavy stuff better and for extra cash toward the 2520 as well. May not be the best idea, it was just something to confuse me over the choice even more it seems. -Joe.

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
go with what you want but if it was me i would go with the 2520, just becasue if you ever do the brush hogging you can have a bigger brush hog and (correct me if wrong) it has the deluxe dash (speedometer, etc)
JD recommends a 4' cutter for either machine, the 2520 could run a 5' maybe in lighter brush.

Dash is essentially the same, no speedometer on either.

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Hello, thanks for the replies. I kicked around selling the 54" snow blower figuring the extra torque on the 2520, i think +10 ftlbs over 2320, would power through the heavy stuff better and for extra cash toward the 2520 as well. May not be the best idea, it was just something to confuse me over the choice even more it seems. -Joe.
Powering through can easily be done by either machine-it's that the bucket fills up fast the all the snow spills out if the sides. Then you have to dump/pile the snow somewhere. If you have used the blower (I assume you have?) the you know how well it works to remove the snow from the area and not create piles everywhere.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah Kenny I hear you. My snowblower has never seen a snow flake. Got it too late. I understand the logic both ways, I know how a snow blower works, I also know an FEL on the right machine will push snow where ever you want it to go with out dumping all the time. I used to run a Case 580 in that manor at work when I was younger. I know the 2520 and 2320 are no 580's so I'm picking up what your putting down.

So I guess I could hold onto the Snow blower, I'd take a beating on it selling it anway.....

I'm still up in the air on the 2320 or 2520. The 2520's extra torque and quicker hydraulics sure is nice, just don't want it to be too big for some of my tasks, mainly mowing my house.

Thanks -Joe.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Welcome Joe.

Is there any way you can keep the X748 for the tight mowing jobs and get the 2xxx series you want, or do you need to sell the X748 to help pay for the bigger rig?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunatly I have to sell it. Looking to still only have one machine, but one that can handle more tasks.

If it turns out to be a bit big for mowing I guess it wouldn't be all that bad.

-Joe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello, my name is Joe and I am from hunterdon county New jersey. I currently have an x748 with 125hrs. It has a 54"mmm 54" blade and 54" snow blower. I am going to be selling it and purchasing a new tractor. I am looking for something with a good FEL and 3pt. for things like a post hole digger. I mow about an acre and have a 250' drive way with large parking area to clear of snow. I also mow and clear snow off of a commercial property next door with a large driveway and a decent amout of grass.

I really like the 2320 am i looking in the right area?

dealer says i could also go with the 2520 with no problem, too big you think?

Also brush hogging 5+ acres up at my father in laws is a possibilty.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks, -joe.
Since the brush hogging is occasional, and since you'll have to trailer it (right?) I'd say the 2320 is all you need. The 2520 will be pretty big for the acre you have at home.

Let me know if you sell the 54" blower - *I'll* drive down and get it! Seriously, it shouldn't be much of a hit - it's never been used and the 54's are in high demand.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
goodafternoon members. thanks for the info you are giving me. I'm in a tough spot because non of the dealers around me have either a 2320 or 2520 for me to look at. It's funny, I tell the dealers what i have work and property wise and tell them i am after a 2320 and they love to suggest the 2520 instead!! It would be nice to see the 23 and 25 parked next to one another before I sign the dotted line but it's tough to find a dealer with in 20 miles that has one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
joe- it sounds like our situations are pretty similar. i have almost 2 acres to mow but also wanted the loader for some minor landscaping stuff, wanted the ability to have 3pt hitch attachments, etc.

the 2320 has been awesome. its small enough to get around things when i am mowing and i have been very impressed with the capabilities of the loader.

my feeling is the difference in the performance of the hydraulics would only be obvious if you were doing some serious loader work and are used to running a bigger machine. i am not usually in a hurry and being on the 2320 is my ticket out of the house so maybe i should actually have looked for something with a slower loader.

thats my 2 cents...

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Sorry to hear you have to unload the X748. As I recall that has AWS and if you lived closer to me I'd be real interested in checking it out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey thanks for the replies. I'm 99% sold on the 2320. I've always liked them and was looking at used 4110's. They seem to be similar.
Problem now is finding a 2320 to test out and purchase.

Unloading the x748 will be very hard for me. I really love that machine, it plows even the heavy storms we had last winter flawlessly. Its a very nasty garden tractor. If it wasn't so expensive to add the loader, 3pt. and pto i would probably keep it, but its really not a loader tractor when it comes down to it i guess. So in the end I'm ooking for a good home for it. It's spotless.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
goodafternoon members. thanks for the info you are giving me. I'm in a tough spot because non of the dealers around me have either a 2320 or 2520 for me to look at. It's funny, I tell the dealers what i have work and property wise and tell them i am after a 2320 and they love to suggest the 2520 instead!! It would be nice to see the 23 and 25 parked next to one another before I sign the dotted line but it's tough to find a dealer with in 20 miles that has one.
Do they have any of the new 1-series in stock?

·
Artillian Tractor, LLC
1,541 Posts
The 2320 is the biggest I'd go for primary use as a mower/blower with decent ability to perform the other tasks you mentioned. Think about tires, R3 or R4. My 2520 with R4's makes a mess out of my lawn. I'd never use it for mowing unless I had wide open flat areas and at least 1 acre of grass. It sounds to me like you may want to favor the R3 tires.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah R3's are probably what I'll wind up getting. Spotted a few 2320's near by in Pennsy with r3 tires. So it could be down to weeks instead of months for my new rig. Thanks for the input. -Joe.

·
Registered
95 Posts
for what its worth, i have the r4's on mine and i dont tear up the yard at all. i mow around a couple of trees and a swingset. but the dealer tried hard to get me to have r3's on it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm sure i could get away with them. They look cool. The hdap tires on my x748 only messed the lawn up when it was a bit damp going around a tree. When its dry, my land is flat, they are fine. Posted my x748 for sale on tractor house today. considering putting it on ebay.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Joe, I was in your situation this spring stuck between deciding on the 2320 or 2520. My brother has the 2320 so I was fortunate enough to play around with his tractor a little bit. I liked his 2320 but just found it a bit noisy, I decided to go with the 2520 because of the direct injection engine which makes it a lot quieter.

T-Klash

1 - 20 of 32 Posts