Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the 2305 so far. Purchased 54 inch mid-mount mower and 47 inch snow blower. Also picked up 17C polycart. Sounds odd, but I cannot wait for first snow to see how the blower performs.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Welcome to DT Clay, You'll love the blower. :good2: You may want to use a little weight out back, I use my ballast box, R4's, and no chains. Works for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks Randy. Will certainly consider ballast box for rear weight. The machine came with R4s and I have already found the 4wd impressive. Can't say enough about the tractor and mower so far.

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
Welcome to DT Clay, do you have a loader or anything else for it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No loader yet but would like to get 200cx one day. Would also like a set of Frontier cultivators.

·
GTT Vendor
1,530 Posts
Hi Clay,

Congratulations on a great machine! You might enjoy some of the videos of my former 2305 with 47 blower on YouTube such as www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLdVuk4_J0k

After my first season of blowing, I didn't bother with the ballast box anymore and noticed no significant difference and enjoyed being able to get into tighter areas. I also don't use chains. That would have a detrimental effect on my 7 year blacktop sealant! You can find lots of opinions on these factors.

I highly recommend the Remote Spout Control Kit for the blower, especially if you have a lot of obstructions where you want to blow the snow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Chris

Believe it or not, your videos were a huge factor in my decision to go with the 2305 as an all around machine to suit my needs. Small world! I was considering an older 1055 with rear 60 inch Woods blower; however, I could not take care of the grass with the 1055. So, I happened upon your videos. If I have watched them 50 times, I have not watched them once! So, I owe you thanks for such well done videos. Jd corporate should thank you too!

On another note, excuse my ignorance, but just what is that remote kit you mentioned to help with tight spots?

Best,

Clay

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
On another note, excuse my ignorance, but just what is that remote kit you mentioned to help with tight spots?

Best,

Clay
If I may, the kit that Chris is referring to is the REMOTE SPOUT CONTROL kit numeber BM20960. It controls the hieght of the discharge with out leaving the seat. It is a great accessory. I made my own mounting bracket as I was not completely satisfied with the Deere one. Oh this blower just happens to be mounted on my 2520 but basically mounts the same on the 2305.

Sorry Chris, I beat you to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Randy is the direction of the spout itself adjustable via hydraulics?

Thanks

T-Klash

·
GTT Vendor
1,530 Posts
Thanks Randy. Funny that you mention making your own bracket. With the new machine, I got all of the parts for moving my blower over to the 2520 from the 2305. One of them was the handle mounting bracket of this Spout Control kit. It came as bare metal, bagged in oil, no finish. I also had no instructions on where it goes and there wasn't any obvious place on the tractor. I got the instructions and now know that it calls for holes drilled in the pan and so forth. In looking at it, I was also thinking of making something more likeable instead. Your solution is REALLY nice.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Thanks Randy. Funny that you mention making your own bracket. With the new machine, I got all of the parts for moving my blower over to the 2520 from the 2305. One of them was the handle mounting bracket of this Spout Control kit. It came as bare metal, bagged in oil, no finish. I also had no instructions on where it goes and there wasn't any obvious place on the tractor. I got the instructions and now know that it calls for holes drilled in the pan and so forth. In looking at it, I was also thinking of making something more likeable instead. Your solution is REALLY nice.
WOW! My bracket was powder coated black, it is in the drawer, it's yours if you want it. It is to be mounted on the left step plate and it all seemed so "in-adequate". I mean short and not sturdy. I really like my end result, one bolt mounting.

Here is the thread that explains it all.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?655-Snow-Blower-Control-Bracket-Mod&highlight=snow+blower

Also, here is something else I had to deal with. The hinge itself was not comforting me.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?919-54-Blower-Chute-Deflector-Hinge&highlight=snow+blower

Klash2, Shock-n-awe is correct, the rotation of the chute is controlled hydraulically with the joy stick.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks

If I may, the kit that Chris is referring to is the REMOTE SPOUT CONTROL kit numeber BM20960. It controls the hieght of the discharge with out leaving the seat. It is a great accessory. I made my own mounting bracket as I was not completely satisfied with the Deere one. Oh this blower just happens to be mounted on my 2520 but basically mounts the same on the 2305.

Sorry Chris, I beat you to it.
Randy-

Thanks for the information. As I watched Chris' videos, I always wondered what He was doing with the control on the left side of the machine that did not look familiar. Of course, now I know. I assume I can order this kit right through the dealer if I choose.

On another note, my driveway is not paved. This has me concerned regarding positioning the blower so as to not take on any gravel. Any advice?

Thanks,

Clay

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Randy-

Thanks for the information.
That is what we are all about here. Glad I could help.

On another note, my driveway is not paved. This has me concerned regarding positioning the blower so as to not take on any gravel. Any advice?

Thanks,

Clay
I am hoping others with more knowledge on this will jump in. The only thing I can offer is to look at your manual for the blower as it explains how to set the shoes for the different surfaces. You may have to just give it a whurl and see through trial and error what will work for you. I know there can be a couple of schools of thought on blowing gravel drives. Sorry I can not be of more help.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That is what we are all about here. Glad I could help.

I am hoping others with more knowledge on this will jump in. The only thing I can offer is to look at your manual for the blower as it explains how to set the shoes for the different surfaces. You may have to just give it a whurl and see through trial and error what will work for you. I know there can be a couple of schools of thought on blowing gravel drives. Sorry I can not be of more help.
just keep your skid shoes adjusted high

1 - 16 of 16 Posts