Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...I have had my X720 for approx. 3 years and it has approx. 420 hours on it. I have performed all of the required maintenance at the appropriate intervals and it has run well. However, I do have a problem with it starting as well as a few other questions. I hope it is OK to ask all the questions in the same post, if not just let me know and I'll start a thread for each question

- the low oil light is on and I checked the oil and it is fine. I changed the oil at 400 hours and there was no light. any idea why it is on? also, could the sensor be causing my hard to start problem noted below?

- recently it has been hard to start and this weekend it would not start, it would turn over, but would not start. I pulled the plugs and they looked fine and I checked the spark and it looked fine as well. It did not run out of fuel, but since I didn't smell any gas I went ahead and loosened the fuel screw that the manual talks about in the event you run out of gas. I also checked the air filter and the oil and no issues. after each of these I tried to start it and nothing. However about 10 minutes later it did start and started all weekend fine. Any thoughts?

- I have a snow blade and a mower deck and I am not sure in what position the hydraulic valve (lockout or by-pass) should be in when I am using these attachments?

- I am also having a hard time getting the parking brake to release, I have to try it several times (pushing brake pedal and release handle down before it will finally release, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
:wgtt:from MN

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome to the forum. When attempting to start, do you hear the fuel pump run when you turn the key on? From what I've heard a lot of hard start or no start issues are cause by a bad fuel pump, that could be a suspect. Might be worth picking up a technical manual for the tractor. The low oil may be a faulty sensor, though I don't think it would cause your hard to start issue.

Rick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the welcomes and the info

- yes the I hear the fuel pump when I turn the key
- I do have the owners manual, but not the technical/shop manual

again....appreciate any insight on any of the issues.....Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts