Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this forum and great info. I have an LT 180 lawn tractor from 2005 with a 42" mulching deck, 42" snow blade, tractor trunk, tire chains and of course the 10P cart. I have a 3 acre lot, large driveway and am connected to the street via a private drive I need to plow in the winter. I want to be able to go down over my hill and clear/clean up some of the 2 acres of woods I have as well as maintain the 1 acre of lawn and planting beds. I usually do all of my yard work myself with my wife (other than fertizilation). My dad is a fellow yard equipment junkie and gave my a Ryan areator tow behind (500 lbs) a few years back and the LT180 can barely pull it.

Looking to upgrade and am trying to decide on either a x748 or 1023/1026. I think the JD Marketing team might win out on this one given the great price/feature mix on the 1023/1026 vs. the same in a x748 and then there is the CUT financiing. Pretty tough not to go with either a 1023E or 1026R. So I'll be posting a few threads to help me make that final decision, but its looking like a new one series for me. Appreciate any advice you can share.

·
Administrator
23,173 Posts
Welcome to DT!

For the task's you listed, I would steer you towards the 1026r-it will serve you well. There are plenty of threads on those machines if you search some.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the task's you listed, I would steer you towards the 1026r-it will serve you well. There are plenty of threads on those machines if you search some.
Thanks Kenny. I've pretty much reached that conclusion too. Now trying to figure out if the added cost of the 1026 vs. the 1023 is worth it or not. then finalize what attachments/options I'm going to go with at first vs. add later.

·
Corndog Hater
12,847 Posts
Welcome to DT. I am really liking this new 1026R thats in my barn. I would recommend it over the 1023, but whether or not it is worth the extra $, only you can decide. Keep us posted and let me know if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Welcome NTTTG!

With the size of the property and the tasks you have stated, you really need the 1000 series machines. But, don't over look the 2320 either, I think it can compete in your price range. I have 2.8 acres and no woods to maintain. The 1000 series will work for you, it is just a matter of how fast you will want to do the work. Good luck on your decision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.