Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 3039R and I have lots of questions. I have found over the years that someone has had the same issues with things no matter what is is, you just need to ask the right person.

Born and raised on a dairy farm but my career was not in ag, have a small hobby farm and have had open station tractor so I splurged and bought a unit with a cab.

So, I know something about old green tractors (60 and 3020 powershift) but not much about this style, I have a lot of question, just need to find out where to post them on this site. Please bear with me.

I found a 59" snowblower like new that I'll put on when needed. It has an electric actuator on the hood and the cord is bound to the hydraulic hoses so evidently the old owner must have had it plugged into the cab somehow and used a rocker switch to control it, Any ideas?

My other question is that it is less than a year old and I can add two more years of warranty 48 months for about $600, good or bad idea.

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
12,300 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
13,969 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Premium Member
10,724 Posts
I found a 59" snowblower like new that I'll put on when needed. It has an electric actuator on the hood and the cord is bound to the hydraulic hoses so evidently the old owner must have had it plugged into the cab somehow and used a rocker switch to control it, Any ideas?
Someone once posted a schematic for using a switch and two relays to control a linear actuator (see below). This allows you to use a small low-current switch to control the actuator. If you have a DPDT switch capable of handling the actuator current you can skip the relays and wire directly to the switch. These setups should work for any 12V linear actuator.

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,757 Posts

·
Administrator
20,304 Posts

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
a) Welcome from Wisconsin :bigbeer:

b) This is the wiring schematic that was provided to me for the DPDT rocker switch

c) If you search this site for electric actuator, you will quite a few threads/posts regarding the installation and wiring for electric actuators on snowblowers

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts