Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have finally decided to join this forum. I am a long time John Deere owner, and have recently upgraded to a new 1026R with H120 FEL,MMM, and a snow blade. I am currently building my own hard cab for my CUT. I will post some pics. as soon as I get it finished. I need to paint it and re-install it on the tractor. I hope to learn how to upload some pics. Attached is a pic of a rear weight bracket I made.
Thanks
Weight.jpg

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Welcome, KHOP! You're going to enjoy this forum if you haven't already. I lurk mostly and seldom post. That may change in the near future as I have a serious case of JD 1026R fever . . .

:gtt:
Have done my research and now it's just a matter of digging up a few coffee cans in the back yard so I can pay for the 1026R.

Certainly reading all the good threads about the 1026R on this forum has made the fever more serious . . . seems that way anyhow.

Time will tell if I find enough coffee cans . . . :dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Welcome to the site, Khop!

I really like your weight bracket idea. I just came to the realization I need to make one of these as I just bought seven of these weights. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
21,422 Posts
Welcome KHOP! The weight bracket looks great. I can't wait to see your cab. :D

·
Administrator
21,422 Posts
Welcome, KHOP! You're going to enjoy this forum if you haven't already. I lurk mostly and seldom post. That may change in the near future as I have a serious case of JD 1026R fever . . .

:gtt:
Have done my research and now it's just a matter of digging up a few coffee cans in the back yard so I can pay for the 1026R.

Certainly reading all the good threads about the 1026R on this forum has made the fever more serious . . . seems that way anyhow.

Time will tell if I find enough coffee cans . . . :dunno:
Ralph, you won't look back after trying one out...better find a shovel. Maybe your dealer will demo a 1026R with a BH. Digging up coffee cans full of money with your new tractor. Sounds like fun :D

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Problem is. . . There won't be any coffee cans left. ;)

Sent from my Droid

·
Corndog Hater
12,243 Posts
Thanks for the pic of your great weight bracket! I too greatly anticipate pics and comments of your cab.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Snow cab

OK, here is a pic of the snow cab in it's rough state. I used 3/4 conduit for the frame, and am using 1/4 luan plywood for the body pieces. I have coated all the plywood panels with fiberglass resin. I will sand them and then add the traditional JD colors.
Thanks for lookin.
Snow Cab.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Cool idea!

I don't think I have seen it done like this before. You gonna use plexiglas for the windows? Definately keep us up to date on your project.

·
Corndog Hater
12,243 Posts
I think, based on the pic and description, this cab project could be trouble for me for a couple reasons. First, off it looks like it would fit in my garage, if the ROPS can be folded with it on, and secondly it is wood construction which is more of what my tools are setup for. Please, please, please keep us in the look on this cab project.:good2:

·
Corndog Hater
12,243 Posts
Looking good! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!:good2:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Snow Cab Panels

Here is the back panel and the door with the neoprene trim and 20 Gauge clear polished vinyl for the windows. I am using velcro tape and polyurathane tape to hold in the vinyl, it's working great. Sorry about the low grade picture. I painted the main body tonight, and will be adding the remaining windows maybe tomorrow. Thanks for lookin.
Finished Panels.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Excellent Khop

This is great, keep it coming. :good2::good2::good2:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow this is a great thread! You are doing a great job keep the pics coming!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
OK, here is a pic of the snow cab in it's rough state. I used 3/4 conduit for the frame, and am using 1/4 luan plywood for the body pieces. I have coated all the plywood panels with fiberglass resin. I will sand them and then add the traditional JD colors.
Thanks for lookin.
View attachment 5334
Really nice idea. Would you be able to post pictures of the conduit framing and where your attachment points are for the framing and panels?

·
Administrator
19,551 Posts
Lookin' good Ken:good2:

·
Corndog Hater
12,243 Posts
That looks great, I want one!:thumbup1gif:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts