Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2018 1025R, 120R, 54D
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, everyone. I lurked on this forum for a bit researching what lawn mower could handle my 2 acres of yard mowing (half of which is on a 10 degree slope) after my Troy-Bilt Bronco caught fire and burned down. I learned about transmissions being the weak link and why a big box store JD wouldn't cut it. I landed on an X590 in my mind, while I waited for my old house to sell. As time went on, mowing season came to a close, and I realized I had more needs than the X590 could deliver.

After all of the required video watching (TTWT, GWT, etc), I landed on the 1025R and had been waiting on old house closing while waiting to pull the trigger. Last week I spotted a 2018 with 11 hours on it in my desired configuration (120R with 54D) for $16,900 at my local dealer. It was a 1 owner, garage kept machine that was used a few times and eventually traded for a gator to better suite the needs of that property owner. It seemed like an ok deal based on comparing prices on tractorhouse and saved me a few thousand off of a new machine. Still has a few years of powertrain warranty and it was delivered this morning!

I'm excited to have this machine and will find plenty of uses for it in the years to come. The main function will be mowing, followed by general land cleanup and winter driveway work (asphalt). Already ordered a set of Edge Tamers and next up will be ballast weight.

Thank you all for the help you have already unknowingly provided, and I look forward to reading more of your posts!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Welcome from southern KY!

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,689 Posts
welcome to GTT from SE PA! Congrats on the new 1R! We like pics!

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
615 Posts
Welcome to GTT from NE Illinois. Enjoy you new toy

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me
Welcome to GTT
^^^^what he said about pics^^^^^

Reactions: MattL

·
Registered
J.D 2038r
523 Posts
Welcome from NW Ct.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Welcome to GTT.
Congrats on the 1025R .

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Welcome from mid Michigan. You'll like the tractor👍

Reactions: Uncle Wayne

·
Registered
2019 JD 4052M Hydro, JD 400E Loader, Frontier AP12F Forks, Frontier BB2072 Box Blade, RC2072
330 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Welcome from New York

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,424 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Welcome from west central Wisconsin. Congrats on your new machine.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Welcome to GTT from western PA
Congrats on the 1025R - you're gonna like it (y)

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to GTT

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Welcome from NE Pennsylvania.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts