Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
the rear wheels dont follow the front casters, so it’s easy to knock over things that you think you will clear when going around them, like the porch rail or a fence post. trying to make a 90 degree turn around corners ends eventually tearing the grass out, at least at my skill level.

Reactions: BlackC5

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
the rear wheels dont follow the front casters, so it’s easy to knock over things that you think you will clear when going around them, like the porch rail or a fence post. trying to make a 90 degree turn around corners ends eventually tearing the grass out, at least at my skill level.
yes i have discovered that

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
You'll know you have a lot of Z-turn experience when you can back up full speed in a straight line without leaving skid marks in the wet spots then up a ramp under the same conditions.
Forget backing up. I can't even go forward in a straight line after one day.

Dave

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It all comes with practice. I mow about 3 acres with a lot of obstacles, one reason I got a Z-turn a few years ago.
When I started I couldn't go straight in any direction for more than about 4 feet. After a season using it, the place where I got it wanted me to get it on and off the trailer for service. By then I had more practice than they did. For me the joystick makes a big difference in control, but after a while I seem to get carpal tunnel there. Still, it leaves the other hand free for a beer and a smoke.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
I just discovered that my Model# and Serial# sticker is mostly missing on my Zero Turn I bought this week. Anybody know how to reclaim that info?

Dave

21 - 26 of 26 Posts