Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had to wait for grapple to be dealer installed, but it came home today. 3038e, grapple, loader, box blade and ballast box. AND..my rookie mistake, I put the quick connect bearings on BACKWARDS. D'oh !!! Now I have to pound out the roll pins and reverse them. Hints on bolt size ??
Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Tractor
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Nice looking machine. Congrats on your new tractor. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Nice machine (y)

·
Registered
2021 JD 2025R
28 Posts
Beautiful machine! Lots of fun and hard work with that!

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Congrats on the new Green Machine. Looks great!

·
Premium Member
18,093 Posts
Congrats. nice looking machine. (y)

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
61 Posts
For my own edification, what are quick connect bearings? Where are the roll pins you are referring to?

Reactions: OtoPA

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
For my own edification, what are quick connect bearings? Where are the roll pins you are referring to?
not really bearings, but sleeves that go on the arms of the box itself where it's picked up by the iMatch, secured with a split roll pin. In my defense, I was left unsupervised, and put them on backwards and drove the pin in. Now I'll have to use a punch to drive them out...as soon as I find the pin diameter from the dealership.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thank you.

To knock out the roll pins, can you simply use a sacrificial bolt of very similar diameter to drive them out. Like a three-inch long 5/16-, 1/4-, or 3/16-inch bolt. You will kill the threads, but who cares. Throw the bolt out after getting your pins knocked out. Or keep the barged up bolt and use it for the next sacrificial job.

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Nice 👍

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you.

To knock out the roll pins, can you simply use a sacrificial bolt of very similar diameter to drive them out. Like a three-inch long 5/16-, 1/4-, or 3/16-inch bolt. You will kill the threads, but who cares. Throw the bolt out after getting your pins knocked out. Or keep the barged up bolt and use it for the next sacrificial job.
Thank You !

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor!

·
Registered
6,045 Posts

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Real nice machine. Well equipped!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Very Nice Pretty Green

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is that your tandem dually trailer?

Dave
No, I didn't go for the trailer as the dealership has been good on pickup and delivery. I actually went back to this dealership because the service scheduler agreed to pick up my gator for free despite being out of their 'free pickup' circle by a handful of miles. In business, your employees are the ones to generate goodwill,...or ill feelings.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts