·
Premium Member
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I'd have refused delivery.... Ftards.

I'll pick up my new machines my self ....

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
That’s ugly.....guessing dealer will make things right which is good

·
Administrator
17,290 Posts
Wow, what a shame. I bet that contract driver will not be hauling for Messick's long after that!

He made an interesting comment near the end about he "archaic" lift mechanism for the MMM compared to the x-series he has.

·
Premium Member
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, what a shame. I bet that contract driver will not be hauling for Messick's long after that!

He made an interesting comment near the end about he "archaic" lift mechanism for the MMM compared to the x-series he has.
It definitely had a high CRINGE factor.

As for the comment... I suspect the BX probably had a mechanical lift mechanism for the MMM and his old X700-series had hydraulic lift.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
i wonder if he was that pee-owed at jd to trade to a kubota machine:dunno:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Wow that was hard to watch. Sure looked like the trailer ramps were to far apart from the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
647 Posts
He seemed to take it well. Boy would I have been p.o'd. Neil Messick could use this video on his youtube channel on how they don't like to deliver their tractors. :mocking: Or back at the shop for training on how not to.

·
Registered
934 Posts
The guy said there was some bent-up hardware underneath where the mower attached...he’s not sure if there’s other damage or not. No way would I have accepted delivery for a damaged tractor that I paid full price for. He must have really wanted that Kubota bad.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
"Were Messick's, a helping hand for your land...boom, pow, bent, holy chit, whew... here's your tractor. A little touch up paint and your good" :lolol: I would have told him to load it back up. That's not my tractor.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
As soon as I saw the trailer and that it was raining, I knew what this video was going to show without even going further. I was right. When I had my 1026 delivered, it as also in the rain on a metal trailer. But it had way wider ramps. The tractor slid all the way down to the bottom of the ramp like it was on ice. But it stayed lined up so nothing bad happened.

I don't know why he even accepted the delivery. That thing would not even have crossed onto my property nor would I have signed a thing. It sounds like Messicks is taking care of it, but I would never trust that to happen once I sign my name.

I'm also a little perplexed how this guy has decided to brand himself Kubota Monster and purport himself as some kind of subject matter expert. based simply on the desire to own one.

·
Registered
12,545 Posts
Wow that was hard to watch. Sure looked like the trailer ramps were to far apart from the beginning.
I kept thinking the same thing, I was wondering at what point he was going to line up the ramps. Well, he didn't, you can't fix stupid. :banghead::banghead:

It was snowing to beat the bandits, that heavy wet slicker than snot March snow when my 2025R was delivered, the driver took his time and never had an issue unloading it or loading my 1023 back on the truck. Therefore, I don't the count that weather as a part of this equation, driver inattention and possibly being distracted are the only things that caused this.

·
Premium Member
7,940 Posts
Dad used to haul cars.

I can tell you for a fact that wet metal ramps are a pain in the butt and since he was in Florida, well the ramps were often wet. Then there is the condition of the tires and given that most of his customers were used car dealers and he was picking up at the action house they weren't always in good condition.

It was a bit slower, but sometimes we used a winch to load/unload the cars. While slower, it was cheaper than the body shop.

Count me in the "not taking delivery" group for sure.

It would have been even more interesting if he would have had to put it back on the trailer.

·
Premium Member
14,122 Posts
Knowing my dealer, their driver would have taken it back without me even saying a word..

No way would I want that tractor.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I kept thinking the same thing, I was wondering at what point he was going to line up the ramps. Well, he didn't, you can't fix stupid. :banghead::banghead:
They did look too far apart, but I thought it might have been the camera angle. I do know that whenever I used to use ramps to load/unload my mowers, I ALWAYS stepped back to eyeball the alignment.... then I eyeballed it again!! I did have a front tire slip off a time or two, but that was mostly a factor of my "ramps" being lightweight 2x8's.

I sold one of my Gravely's a couple of weeks ago. It had a 50" front mounted deck and the deck caster wheels have a wider stance than the drivewheels on the tractor itself. I've always hauled it on my 5x8 trailer. The guy that bought it shows up in an F-150 with a 6.75' bed - and a set of 8' aluminum ramps. We finalize the deal and he tries to load the tractor, but kept lining up the ramps with the caster wheels. I told him 3 times that he needed to line the ramps up with the drivewheels and just push down on the handle bars to keep the deck off the ramp. For some reason he couldn't comprehend that! After 4 or 5 attempts, I ended up picking up the Gravely with my forks and loaded into the back of the truck for him. Not sure how he got it off when he got home (3.5 hours away from me!), but I did get an email from him saying that "unloading it wasn't pretty." :laugh:

Count me in the camp of "I won't accept this tractor"!! It will be interesting to see what Messick's does. I'm betting that they totally replace the entire package. So far he's only gotten about 3000 views (or less) on that video, but if he puts "Messick's" in as a tag on the video, it will probably get more hits. It could be either good or bad advertising for them - depending on how they handle the situation.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I'm in the same "THAT's not my tractor your delivering" camp.

Dumber than a boot full of piss.
But Dr Maphesto's quote just floored me ... never heard that one before, but it has a lot of meaning :lolol:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts