Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,690 Posts
That's why I can't imagine owning one of these machines and NOT having the FEL. Even if its just an occasional use, there are always ways to use the FEL on the machine to make jobs safer, faster, etc......

How many hours do you have on your tractor?

·
Registered
344 Posts
On a regular basis, I'm surprised at what this tractor can pull off. I can barely budge this pallet of rocks, but the tractor handles it with ease, and even without pallet forks.
This was a huge worksaver. My best purchase ever.
Yup.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Sky

·
Registered
2018 1025R, 120R loader, 60D MMM, grapple
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How many hours do you have on your tractor?
I bought my 2018 tractor about 6 months ago when it had 200 hours, now it has 300 hours. I had been trying to justify it for years, and for the past 6 months it's been the highlight of almost every day.
When I was looking at tractors, someone that was selling one on Craigslist told me I didn't need a FEL, I could get a bucket for the three-point and it would do almost as much. I'm glad I didn't take his advice.

·
Registered
2020 1025R
48 Posts
I have owned my 2020 for a little over a year now and put 105 hours on it. It has been one of my best purchases ever. I must credit my wife who told me to stop hemming and hawing and just go buy the thing. Boy has it made things nice around the property and their are uses for which I never imagined!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yeah, after you complete all the jobs that you couldn't do before you got the machine, you'll find yourself looking for things to do with it. I sometimes catch myself thinking up reasons to move things, just because I can, moving them back a few weeks later...

·
Registered
956 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,977 Posts
Yeah, after you complete all the jobs that you couldn't do before you got the machine, you'll find yourself looking for things to do with it. I sometimes catch myself thinking up reasons to move things, just because I can, moving them back a few weeks later...
I know what you mean. I got most all my "necessary" jobs that I "needed" the backhoe for done in the first year. Now I'll occasionally dig a hole just to bury it. 😃

·
Registered
2015 2025r 62mmm h130 af10f plow forks 62 disc ripper and a woods m5 Dixie mower
1,194 Posts
I whould say yeah that’s true I didn’t even imagine what I was going to do with a front end loader until I had one now I bought a bigger tractor to get more loader capacity lol also got my dad looking at newer tractors I’m trying to convince him to buy a 3e or a skid loader lol

·
Premium Member
9,349 Posts
It’s debatable whether these little guys are real tractors to some but I say they are. Saying they are a real back saver is an understatement. It’s not a toy. It’s a little work horse that likes to work

·
Registered
644 Posts
It’s debatable whether these little guys are real tractors to some but I say they are. Saying they are a real back saver is an understatement. It’s not a toy. It’s a little work horse that likes to work
I just tell people they're a force-multiplier and kind of a swiss army knife. Whatever implement you hang off of it is the tool it becomes. It's not just a couple of different uses.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor!

I’ve read these posts for a couple of years now and envied every minute of it. I just ordered one of my own yesterday (2025R TLB) and expect to have it next week! I can’t wait to dig holes just for the sake of filling them back in again. Lol

It may exist already, but is there a specific thread for tasks you never imagined for your tractor when you first bought it? Maybe it’s the “What did you do with your SCUT today” thread? Am I asking in the wrong place?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts