Old Pa-pa
11,353 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
At least it was a Moly chassis purpose built machine as things with that short of a wheelbase are very sketchy at high speeds........I think I saw it spinning the front wheels on the 2nd run............people used to drag race the Opel GT's and the Vega's and I saw many of those barrel roll on the strip if the car got even a little loose and sideways.....

Bet the entire thing didn't weigh 600 pounds with her in it............I am going to look up the actual "rules" and see that they say as that mower was in the Prototype category, for certain...........They also race the actual Garden Tractors in both drag racing and dirt and asphalt circle tracks....

·
Old Pa-pa
11,353 Posts
At least it was a Moly chassis purpose built machine as things with that short of a wheelbase are very sketchy at high speeds........I think I saw it spinning the front wheels on the 2nd run............people used to drag race the Opel GT's and the Vega's and I saw many of those barrel roll on the strip if the car got even a little loose and sideways.....

Bet the entire thing didn't weigh 600 pounds with her in it............I am going to look up the actual "rules" and see that they say as that mower was in the Prototype category, for certain...........They also race the actual Garden Tractors in both drag racing and dirt and asphalt circle tracks....
Had a 1970 Opel GT back in the day, bought it from a friend who had been transferred real cheap.
Just bought it on a lark, didn't really need it, kept it a few years and gave it to my brother in law.

Fun little car, poor man's Corvette. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
wonder how many acres per hour it will plow..............:greentractorride:
It's not how fast you plow. It's how well you plow fast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts