Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at trailers since I got the new tractor last year. lots of great threads on here. Decided on a 16' long by 66" wide galvanized landscape trailer with brakes on both axles. I see a lot of people are buying 14' trailers but after loading up if you want to sit the backhoe on the floor looks to me like 16' or even 18' is the way to go . Went for the narrower trailer rather than the car hauler type as I will be using the trailer some in the winter and wanted the tires of of the trailer in the same track as the truck. Anyhow this site remains my #1 source of tractor information !!

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,464 Posts
Nice ride! I like that its galvanized, as well as the rear jacks:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Nice trailer, it brings a question to mind. If hauling your machine around does your vehicle insurance cover it if it gets damaged? What about coverage if it's off your property doing work? My home insurance covers my machine at home but I have nothing to cover it if I drive it down the road to help a neighbor. :hijacked:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ask my insurance agent about your exact question. The trailer and tractor are covered by the vehicle towing it. The only thing not covered on the trailer was fire and theft so I added it for $2.50 a month. Like you note the tractor is not covered if being used on a public road.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I called my insurance company and added my tractor and trailer to my homeowner's policy. I was surprised how cheap it was and its a nice feeling to have things covered. I even added all my implements.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361739374.785431.jpg

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Nice trailer you got there darvic! Thanks for sharing!:good2:

·
Registered
50 Posts
What brand is it, cant make it out in the pics. And what was the cost? My aluminum trailer is on its last leg, and I need to replace it this spring....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trailer is made by a company in Quebec called Maxi-roule. The model is 66192TE . Had my mind set on a narrower trailer and this is the only one I could find galvanized. Galvanizing is becoming expensive ( about $.70/lb ) and fewer and fewer places are doing it . Probably find a better deal in the US , I paid $4,000 at a local dealer. I found a few other similar trailers but wider and a lot cheaper ( $2,700 ) but the quality of the galvanizing was not good , the rust was already starting to blead through. Good luck finding the right trailer.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I went with an Aluminum 16' Triton. Wider that what you wanted, but I like the reduced weight. It was about five years old, but looked awfully good. $2200- a couple years ago....... ~Scotty

Triton Trailers

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Nice trailer!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
126 Posts
My 1026r trailer

What kind of strapping do you use? Chains or straps? I just got a 9k 12' w/ ramp for my 1026r w/ 60" MMM, FEL. Also at what points do you attach the straps to

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
What kind of strapping do you use? Chains or straps? I just got a 9k 12' w/ ramp for my 1026r w/ 60" MMM, FEL. Also at what points do you attach the straps to
I use 2" nylon straps that have 18" of chain on the ends. I rap the chain around the front weight bracket and rear tow hitch plate.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My 1026R Trailer

Ok, just checking what you did. The JD dealer's Transportation driver, told me that the staps were not suppose to be used because they would not support the unit. The straps I have are each rated at 3333 lbs, so I may need to use chains also.

I bolted 1/2 D-rings at each corner and 1 in front center of trailer.
DSCN1073.JPG DSCN1074.JPG DSCN1078.JPG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts