Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my new 1972 m35a2. i picked up. looked like sh$t ran like Sh$t now it runs great thanks to some basic things and a new whistler turbo:gizmo:
gave it a good rattle can paint job and its my daily driver:bigthumb: zero rust and a clean title is what i was looking for in a duece. registered as a regular pick up.

always wanted one just couldnt find the right one. the title normally being the big issue.:greentractorride:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,807 Posts
Sweet.

Bet that took a few cans to paint.

Definitely a chick magnet. :thumbup1gif: It looks like it is already working. :lol:

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Sweet! I'm still working on buying one. Here you can register it as a military vehicle primarily used for parades etc. Just can't use it as a daily driver. Reg. cost $35 for life.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Now that's a truck. :thumbup1gif:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Nice deuce. Glad you like it. I've ridden in the back of them so many times that I wouldn't want one. Probably because what we had in the Marines was Navy rejects. Had to be worked on all the time. Matter of fact, yours looks better then what we had. :munch:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
always wanted one just couldnt find the right one. the title normally being the big issue.:greentractorride:

What are the common title issues with them that prevented you from buying? What was different about this one that you did?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are the common title issues with them that prevented you from buying? What was different about this one that you did?
depends on ur state. military vehicals dont come with titles or already certified for on road use. guy i bought it from said it took him 6 months of b.s to get a title.. no thanks thats why i wanted one that someone has already went through that process .

ur not gonna find to many m35's at surplus auctions as they have been out of service for quite some time or one thats been upgraded to a a3 and like stated they are normally beat to sh$t but the good news is everything is pretty much still available for them and top speed is 56mph or so and thats screaming.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
some updated picks. keep in mind they were rated at 2.5 tons of cargo not trailer going off road blazing new trails through the jungle. rated at 5 tons for smooth roads. ive heard of people carrying loads of 20,000lbs in the bed on good roads.

i love it and i have less in it the some of my jd's:flag_of_truce:

good thing i dont have a hoa i just park it in my driveway

thanks all

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,913 Posts
Looks good

Reactions: 89420

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,526 Posts
There's a guy that lives down the road from me that used to build monster-trucks. He's bobbed a couple of the military trucks for other folks.
They look similar to the one in the photo (swiped from the inter-web) below.
There are a few on the road in this area; and have current plates on them.

22_500_1998_m35a3_bobbed_2_1_2_ton_custom_military_truck_21812199.jpg

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's a guy that lives down the road from me that used to build monster-trucks. He's bobbed a couple of the military trucks for other folks.
They look similar to the one in the photo (swiped from the inter-web) below.
There are a few on the road in this area; and have current plates on them.

View attachment 220962
a lot of people bob them. they sell kits to bob them. the sky's the limit you really can do no wrong:kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Count your blessings you don't have a HOASS! Ours would have a fit over that neat truck being visible.
i do no hoa for me lol:greentractorride:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Your neighbors must love you rolling through the neighborhood. Can't imagine the exhaust system is to quite based on driving past convoys of these. :greentractorride:

Reactions: 89420

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your neighbors must love you rolling through the neighborhood. Can't imagine the exhaust system is to quite based on driving past convoys of these. :greentractorride:
sounds awesome with the whistler turbo. but i try to keep it cool because im always banging, grinding,running air tools, starting up my jd's like my D,ect,ect so i try to be respectful :greentractorride:

Reactions: DRobinson and Levi

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thats about the coolest daily driver I've ever seen! :usa

·
Administrator
20,905 Posts
Wow. Never seen a truck ford water that deep and survive like that one did. Cool video. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
first mpg test after new turbo and pump adjustment. 200 miles even. 17.6g diesel filled to the very brim is 11.3mpg totally shocked as before with the bad turbo i was getting 6.5mpg and no power lol. i hope it stays that high but id be happy with 9mpg all day.. btw engine is only 478ci

thanks guys:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts