Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wonderful wife purchased an umbrella to protect me on these hot Texas days. One problem though. How do you fold the umbrella? Can not figure it out.

It is currently open in my living room and not on my tractor.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Disregard. Stupid me should have pushed and then pushed again. JD needs better instructions and packaging for their accessories. Missing a nut too. Oh well.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
You opened an umbrella indoors?!?!? Haven't you heard that is bad luck? Be careful out there!!

Nice gift from the wife!!

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Yeah, I have an umbrella too. So are you using Deere's mounting junk? I did not like the cumbersome design for its versatility. So I made a specific mount for each machine. I really like it. Here are some shots of what I did.

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RandyM I saw your earlier thread about it and thought that the JD stuff may be a little too bulky plus it looks like the tube may have been foobarred where the umbrella slips in. As tall as I am I may look at another option, but at first I will use their gear. Hopefully I don't hit my head on it. After I get over this cold I will try it out.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Well I'll be - learned something new again today.....never knew Deere made an umbrella for the ROPS.

Would be nice to have but for me too many trees with low hanging limbs.
Yeah, mine would look like it went through a world war from the trees as well.
The second i forgot it was there.....ripppppppp

·
Corndog Hater
11,778 Posts
Not enough sunny days here.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
tree limbs

I am going to trim my tree branches back. They were too low for the ROPS and my head anyways.
KD7CAO; so what I'm hearing, pole saw in future. :yahoo::yahoo: another to(y)ol big jim

Reactions: Levi and farmgirl19

·
8,558 Posts
PS.....KD7CAO; Happy belated birthday!!!

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
8,558 Posts
No belated... still Dec. 31 in Texas. Thanks!
I thought maybe it was yesterday, and you only just got around to posting about the gift. Had visions of an umbrella open in the kitchen all night long! :laugh:

Yes, I am in the same time zone that you are!! :mocking: Glad I got the wishes in time then!!

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
tree saw

I was thinking maybe one of these instead. LimbSaws by Priefert | Home
KD7CAO ;HAHA THAT is one nice machine :good2: do u have kennyd's diverter valve, also need his need towing package on bucket to hook the saw up. would diverter valve work for that or have a hand lever valve for that, but hey probably all can be purchased right here. :munch: big jim

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
2,782 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I am going to trim my tree branches back. They were too low for the ROPS and my head anyways.
:thumbup1gif: Exactly what I did.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 20 of 54 Posts