Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tricky day to make this video! Typical New England weather, but I hope you can all still enjoy it. I needed to relocate a smaller but still HEAVY propane tank about 1100 feet away and my driveway includes a steep hill too. I think it shows some of the possibilities with the backhoe for work like this and some good closeups.

I have been making a lot of other videos this month as well so please feel free to check them out on my youtube channel. If you like them I would appreciate if you would subscribe to my channel as well and you will always know about my current videos.

Thank you for the kind comments, I hope you enjoy this one....

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Looks like a good job with a moment or two of pucker factor !!!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Tricky day to make this video! Typical New England weather, but I hope you can all still enjoy it. I needed to relocate a smaller but still HEAVY propane tank about 1100 feet away and my driveway includes a steep hill too. I think it shows some of the possibilities with the backhoe for work like this and some good closeups.

I have been making a lot of other videos this month as well so please feel free to check them out on my youtube channel. If you like them I would appreciate if you would subscribe to my channel as well and you will always know about my current videos.

The backhoe won't lift much when up that high, will it? I found that out early on as well!

Think about getting some forks. You'll move stuff like this with forks once you have them.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Backhoes can do more than just dig? :lol: Why are the hazard lights on in the video?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sivercymbal I also have an American Eskimo. He's a pretty good dog and looks just like yours. Mine is toy sized so he only weighs 18 lbs. Is yours a standard or a toy.
Ron

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sivercymbal I also have an American Eskimo. He's a pretty good dog and looks just like yours. Mine is toy sized so he only weighs 18 lbs. Is yours a standard or a toy.
Ron
That's awesome. Ours is a standard, she just turned 1, so we are finally beginning to get out of the puppy stuff. The fur will never go away but at this point I can say it's worth the trouble.

Great to hear you have one also.

·
Super Moderator
8,050 Posts

Is that the final location for your propane tank? Any thoughts about setting it on a pad or possibly a concrete pavers to keep it from sinking into the soil?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No just keeping it there for now temporarily. It's freezing here so we are pretty limited with how much more I can do for now. The old install was just on a few bricks which I never liked. I definitely want a pad when it's done.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Bolt-on hooks

Get yourself a bolt-on hook like the one pictured below. It makes lifting jobs like yours a little easier and safer. I have one on both my 12" and 8" buckets.

Backhoe Hook-1 (Medium).jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts