Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Love the new chipper, perfect match for our 3046R. Easy attachment to iMatch, although had to cut down PTO shaft by 3/4 inch. After 3-4 hours of use over a few days, we somehow plugged up the discharge chute -- probably from chipping up a bunch of bark. Flipped open the chute, used a pry bar to clean up, and back in business. A real handy extra I got was a chainsaw holder. Fits on either side, and a perfect fit for my small saw.

edit: shameless plug for Kenny’s chain boxes!

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Window

Attachments

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
That is an awesome setup.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Took us maybe 20 hours or so to plug up the WC46's chute and entire interior. Think it was because of a big green pile. Took the machine up to the carriage house. Wife did an enema on the WC46 while I changed the engine's oil and filter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We've plugged our WC68 a few times, mostly with small, vinelike briars and such (wrapped around the dead limbs going in).

Quick tip over and the stuff comes right out. Hand rotate the wheel and get the extra sitting on the paddles out of there, and back to making chips!

·
Registered
29 Posts
and extra thumbsup on the saw holder. My gas saw never goes there, but I bought a dewalt electric (battery) saw, and went with the 16" bar upgrade... it's a perfect saw for limbing trees, and it'll limb off and on for hours on a single 5 amp/hr battery. Wife laughed at me when I got it... called it a "Tonka Toy"; she uses the crap out of it and loves it. She'd never touch an actual chainsaw, but runs this one with ease. It stays on the chipper pretty constantly.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Plugged up the WC46 again. This time, for sure, it was the tops of trees wrapped in small vines. The vine pieces quickly plug up the discharge chute, which can result in filling the fan area if you don't catch it quickly enough. Better to chip the lower end of trees and then reverse and to throw the tops onto the ground somewhere to run over with the brush hog.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and extra thumbsup on the saw holder. My gas saw never goes there, but I bought a dewalt electric (battery) saw, and went with the 16" bar upgrade... it's a perfect saw for limbing trees, and it'll limb off and on for hours on a single 5 amp/hr battery. Wife laughed at me when I got it... called it a "Tonka Toy"; she uses the crap out of it and loves it. She'd never touch an actual chainsaw, but runs this one with ease. It stays on the chipper pretty constantly.
Interesting! I have lots of Dewalt 20v tools, but with 2 Stihl chainsaws not sure I want to get another saw. As to bar size, I think a 16 inch bar is perfect for limbing and in my opinion is the max size to use on the chipper chainsaw holder due to how close it is to the ground. Many new saws these days come with 18 inch bars, but I use a 16 inch bar on my MS 250 (I have a larger pro saw for other work).

Reactions: lindsey97

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
What is the biggest diameter you have ran thru it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Darryle — 4-5 inch diameter so far. Takes a little leverage to get anything bigger than 3-4 inches to get picked up by roller, just a bit of technique to learn.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
That is good to hear!

I am looking at the 8" WoodMaxx hydraulic feed and hydraulic power, I have 5 acres of cedars to clear and some are big.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Darryle — 4-5 inch diameter so far. Takes a little leverage to get anything bigger than 3-4 inches to get picked up by roller, just a bit of technique to learn.
You have to kinda jam bigger pieces between the roller and the chute bottom, particularly if they're short enough to flop if they don't catch underneath. Or start a smaller piece and run the bigger piece beside it or onto its tail.

·
Registered
461 Posts
do you know the distance from the quick hitch to the farthest away part of the chipper is folded up? Trying to determine if it will fit in a space for it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
On the WC46, it's 40 inches from where the chute folds to the center of the lower lift arm pins.
Anyone with a WC68 if you have these measurements that would be great. Thanks.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,370 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Anyone with a WC68 if you have these measurements that would be great. Thanks.
I'll get you this measurement later today -- haven't been up to the shop yet.

Edit: 46 inches from pin on chipper to the farthest point of the chipper when folded up.

Reactions: Hagak

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Reactions: Hagak and Gizmo2

·
Registered
29 Posts
mine does sometimes feed sporadically with bigger pieces... like FEED FEED..... FEED FEED.......FEED FEED.

If I turn it down to a slower feed speed, the wheel stops, if I turn it up, it wants to gobble faster than it can... That happen to anyone else?

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
That is good to hear!

I am looking at the 8" WoodMaxx hydraulic feed and hydraulic power, I have 5 acres of cedars to clear and some are big.
It's a BEAST, you won't be disappointed!

Reactions: Darryle and Gizmo2
1 - 20 of 20 Posts