Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking for a good used mower for a month and coming up empty.
The sad part looking for used was they were rusted far more than what the ad said, need much more work to get them to run will. Like bearings, PTO shaft, tires.
Then I decided to go new. Most dealer were out of stock or coming in about 3 weeks.
My JD dealer needed 3 weeks and the same with Land Pride.
I then found a Woods PDR7200. The price was fair and in stock.
I'm happy with it work well and nothing to work on. Just hook up and mow. They also gave me a Woods hat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,598 Posts
After looking for a good used mower for a month and coming up empty.
The sad part looking for used was they were rusted far more than what the ad said, need much more work to get them to run will. Like bearings, PTO shaft, tires.
Then I decided to go new. Most dealer were out of stock or coming in about 3 weeks.
My JD dealer needed 3 weeks and the same with Land Pride.
I then found a Woods PDR7200. The price was fair and in stock.
I'm happy with it work well and nothing to work on. Just hook up and mow. They also gave me a Woods hat.

looks like a good fine:bigthumb: that's a true rear discharge too-:munch: that's what i was expecting 9yrs ago for mine-not mulching blades:banghead:hope u have many long yrs of mowing with it.p.s.-i'm glad to see u didn't take ur chains off yet-gizmo2-is gonna be ur next best friend:lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts
JKR,

That's a very nice finish mower. I'd love to see some photos of the lawn after being mowed. Noticed you still have your 3033R chained up. Do you leave them on all year long? Good luck.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JKR,

That's a very nice finish mower. I'd love to see some photos of the lawn after being mowed. Noticed you still have your 3033R chained up. Do you leave them on all year long? Good luck.
No. I will take the chains off soon. I been moving some trees that I cut down and it was very muddy. The chains help a lot.
The tractor needs a bath full of mud.
The little that I used the Woods mower it works real good. I like how the new PDR mower increase the blade tip speed to 18,000 it just pull the grass up and cuts it off with out tire marks.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,749 Posts
JKR,

:bigthumb: That's nice.

If you don't already have them, I'd suggest installing a chain limiting kit. This will support the mower at the desired cutting height; and keep the mower's weight off the gauge wheels.

Reactions: JKR

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Very nice!!!

Reactions: ViCa$h and Levi

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
JKR,

If you don't already have them, I'd suggest installing a chain limiting kit. This will support the mower at the desired cutting height; and keep the mower's weight off the gauge wheels.
I could see something like this for a Bush Hog but when used with a finish mower wouldn't the height of the cut vary as the rear wheels of the tractor goes over bumps? As opposed to the gauge wheels following the contour of the ground?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I dont think you're going to be disappointed at all. :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Those mowers are FANTASTIC!!! I had an 84" model before selling it to my brother, and they will flat out beat the quality of yard mowing when compared to the 60" MMM. If I had it to do it over again, I would forego the MMM and purchase that exact unit.

I loved the rear discharge, it distributes the clippings evenly. While the chain kit would be nice, it's designed to run on the wheels and will handle the weight just fine.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Those mowers are FANTASTIC!!! I had an 84" model before selling it to my brother, and they will flat out beat the quality of yard mowing when compared to the 60" MMM. If I had it to do it over again, I would forego the MMM and purchase that exact unit.
Not what someone who is considering switching from a RM to MM wants to hear...

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a GM1072R ie a PRD7200 painted green. I have had it for 7 years now and it has done a great job. The only issue I have had is the bolts that hold caster arms onto the deck kept working themselves loose and breaking. I replaced them with grade 8 a bolts and added an extra nut to keep flanged lock nut from coming loose. This solved my problem.

I read one post that a person over greased it and had problems that the grease came out of the spindles and got on the belt and it came off.

Not needing the safety chains, I took them off, but this end up windrowing the grass, so I put them back on.

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Nice looking RFM. Keep us posted on how you like it and the cut its gives.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Looks nice! :good2:

If it holds up as well as my old rm59, you will have many, many years of happy mowing ahead of you.

Also, I too prefer a rear-mount mower to a mid-mounted one. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts

I loved the rear discharge, it distributes the clippings evenly. While the chain kit would be nice, it's designed to run on the wheels and will handle the weight just fine.

Not what someone who is considering switching from a RM to MM wants to hear...
Looks nice! :good2:

If it holds up as well as my old rm59, you will have many, many years of happy mowing ahead of you.

Also, I too prefer a rear-mount mower to a mid-mounted one. :laugh:
Add another RMFM advocate.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
JKR,

The chain limiting kit is for brush hogs, not rear finish mowers. Most of the older brush hogs had rigid braces from the top link to the deck of the brush hog and nearly all of them got bent the first time it got used. This chain limiting kit is to replace those rigid braces. The newer brush hogs have an articulated linkage in place of the older style rigid brace as does my RFM. Rear finish mowers are designed to run on their wheels. In fact, you set the mowing height with the wheels as I did on my RFM by moving the spacers between the top of the spindle and the bottom of the spindle.

Dave

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hear a quick pic of my lawn cut. With the rain we had and my back bothering me. The grass was tall. But the new mower made short work of that.

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Looks good JKR. Thanks for the feed back. I dream of cutting my wide open back 2+ acres with a RFM someday....

Reactions: JKR
1 - 17 of 17 Posts