Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new X500 has 33 hrs and I'm having an issue where about every 5th time I start the engine I get a big puff of thick blue smoke. Most times it starts right up without any smoke but every now and again I get the smoke. I've been monitoring the oil level carefully and it does not appear to be using any oil.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I won't say that this is causing your smoke but a leaky valve guide will let a small amount of oil in the combustion chamber while it is sitting therefore when started it will give a puff of blue smoke

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
According to Deere this is normal. As long as the smoke clears and oil level remains full all is good. Also it will improve as the engine gets broke in, which may take as long as 75 hrs depending on use. No need to worry.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I won't say that this is causing your smoke but a leaky valve guide will let a small amount of oil in the combustion chamber while it is sitting therefore when started it will give a puff of blue smoke
My dad had an 88' vet that had the issue, not saying that is the issue with your tractor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts