Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new X590 about two weeks ago. Have been able to use twice thus far to cut the lawn. Wow! I love this thing, speedy, efficient and cuts the lawn beautifully. I would recommend this model to anyone in the market that has a need for something in this particular X series. Will be mounting a snowblower to it in the future, supposed to be a mild winter this year so maybe next. Gives me time to draw up a homemade snow cab. In the meantime I will be looking for some used wheels weights and/or suitcase weights.

I did add a suicide knob to the steering wheel and it was a really nice accessory to help me negotiate around the property.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congratulations!!! What kind of terrain and size lawn do you have? I plan on buying a x590 in the near future as we are preparing to move into a new old farmhouse with 2.5 flat acres.

·
Premium Member
13,324 Posts
Congrats :good2:

·
Corndog Hater
11,686 Posts
Congrats and thanks for the write up. Enjoy and be safe!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the GT club.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
That is great. Congrats.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congratulations!!! What kind of terrain and size lawn do you have? I plan on buying a x590 in the near future as we are preparing to move into a new old farmhouse with 2.5 flat acres.
About the same as your set up. Basicly the ground is level but there is one hilly area, no issues with running through it.

·
Premium Member
12,142 Posts
Thanks everyone, working on building and installing tail lights at the moment.
Are you planning to run the tractor on the road at night?

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
You tells us you have a new tractor an no pics. Where's Gizmo he's slacking as the pic police.:lol:
:ttiwwp:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Are you planning to run the tractor on the road at night?
I snow blow about 6-7 driveways in the winter for some of the elderly folk I have to get it there someway. The only way to get to any of them is to drive down the road a bit. But hey, what's wrong with modding that baby a little. I'll post pics and some info on the LED tail light install in a few days.

Why does Deere put large tail light looking reflectors on there in the first place if the potential to drive it down a roadway didn't exist?

·
Premium Member
12,142 Posts
I snow blow about 6-7 driveways in the winter for some of the elderly folk I have to get it there someway. The only way to get to any of them is to drive down the road a bit. But hey, what's wrong with modding that baby a little. I'll post pics and some info on the LED tail light install in a few days.

Why does Deere put large tail light looking reflectors on there in the first place if the potential to drive it down a roadway didn't exist?
I've always wondered the same thing. As someone who also cleans a few driveways during the winter I would encourage you to get yourself a Class-1 LED strobe light. It will provide way more visibility and also be visible from multiple angles.

·
Registered
537 Posts

I thought that the x500s and the x700s shared the same rear fender. So since the x700s come with functional tail and reverse lights they need to fill that space with something on the x500s. I thought there was an optional light kit for the x500s.

The strobe light is a very good safety option if you will be working near a roadway clearing snow.

·
Premium Member
12,142 Posts
I thought that the x500s and the x700s shared the same rear fender. So since the x700s come with functional tail and reverse lights they need to fill that space with something on the x500s. I thought there was an optional light kit for the x500s.
No... they are quite different. I just looked up the part numbers and the seat pan for a X700-series and X500-series are different (I assumed you meant the NEW X500-series and not the X595 series that came before the X700).

The strobe light is a very good safety option if you will be working near a roadway clearing snow.
I put one on my 2720 primarily for crossing the road. No matter what type of headlights and taillights you have, there is ZERO light coming out on the sides making you invisible from that direction.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah the strobe light is a plan. I been considering drawing up an idea for a snow cab and wanted to put the light on the rooftop. I found a metal tractor cab in PA for sale, very fairly priced. No idea what it came off of and the seller hasn't given me those details but it may have to be cut up and welded to make it fit, nothing that can't been done.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Check ebay for led rear tail lights.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts