Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
*Edited as I found the problem*

I got under the tractor and found that a wiring harness was disconnected leading to the left rear tail light. I reconnected the harness and everything works now.
That would be my first guess, second would be a broken/pinched wire.

·
Premium Member
8,784 Posts
*Edited as I found the problem*

I got under the tractor and found that a wiring harness was disconnected leading to the left rear tail light. I reconnected the harness and everything works now.
Should you use your tractor during the winter, just be aware that the tire chains are notorious for breaking a link and then having a piece of the tire chain damage the wires or the light housing. I have seen tire chains rip the tail light wires right out of the housing as well as break the tail light housing and they are not cheap....................

That's why I always carry the large zip tie straps on my tractor tool box so if a chain did break, I could stop and tie it off so the flailing chain doesn't beat the underside of the fender and tail light, harness, etc....That "BANG"...."BANG" as the chain rotates with the tire is an agonizing sound......:banghead:

Another way to avoid the tire chain issue is to use the TerraGrips, traction straps which are made of rubber and are another good traction aid. Google the name "TerraGrips" and you will see these traction aids which work quite well for those wanting additional traction. I would use the TerraGrips on a 4wd tractor before adding tire chains. I found them to work quite well on all surfaces except sheer ice.

·
Registered
255 Posts
May have never been connected from the factory or if you got the air seat the set up guy didn't reconnect it since the new seat harness gets plugged into it. I did that ONCE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts